Fencing is a vital part of any school's security. It provides not only protection from intruders, but also peace of mind for the children who learn there. When choosing Fencing for your school, it's important to know what you're looking for and how much money you want to spend. If you can't afford top-of-the-line fencing or are on a tight budget, don't worry! We've got some great options that will work perfectly well in most situations."
The article opens with an explanation about why schools need fencing and then talks about different types of Fences available as well as cost considerations.
1) What is School Fencing and why is it important?
School fencing is a type of fencing material that is used to enclose parts of school grounds. It usually consists of a wire mesh and steel posts, but it can also be made from other materials such as barbed-wire.
Fencing provides security for the students by keeping intruders out when it is properly maintained or if any damage occurs in its structural integrity.
The fence helps control traffic flow while maintaining safety inside the premises.
It is also a safety measure to ensure that school children do not go out on the roads. This helps in reducing risk of accidents since they are prohibited from being near vehicular traffic.
2.) How to choose the right fencing for your school?
When choosing fencing for your school, there are several factors to consider.
- What type of fence do you want?
- Is the building accessible by cars or roads?
- Are there any height restrictions on fences? (keep in mind that if a child is very young, they may not be able to climb over)
A best practice is to choose a chain link mesh which can be easily climbed but also provides privacy and security. It's good for schools as it allows people outside the campus see what’s inside without being seen themselves, while still protecting against break ins and unwanted intruders. This material needs less maintenance than wood or metal panels. Steel posts are used instead of wooden ones because steel does not decay.
Note: It is important to know the school's specific requirements before you go ahead and buy a fence.
Another thing to consider is whether or not the school has an open campus setting, which means that students can come and go as they please. In this case it may be important to consult with your local law enforcement for guidance on how best protect children who might wander off during their time on campus without supervision.
3) Why fencing can be a good investment in the future of your child's education?
Investing on school fences not only provides a safe environment for the school children, but also safeguards their future. It is an investment in every sense of the word.
Investing on fencing creates a secure space where students can learn without fear or interference from outside elements and individuals. Here at Fencing specialists, we work hard to design not just functionally sound fences that keep out unwanted intruders, but aesthetically pleasing ones as well; this means that parents will be proud to show off what they have done for their child's education.
With school security fencing, you are investing in convenience – increased opportunity for learning time – while being socially responsible at the same time: giving your child access to a healthy learning environment which promotes creative thinking - all while keeping them safe within it!
4.) The benefits that come with having a fence around your school
Having fences around your school comes with many benefits.
- Prevent intruders from entering your school grounds without permission, which will keep your students safe and secure. This also keeps children from getting lost or hurt on school premises while you are not present.
- It limits noise in the area by preventing sound waves to travel outward; this can be very beneficial if there is an outdoor event going on like assemblies or sports games because they won't affect other classes nearby.
- School fencing has been proven to lessen accidents and injuries caused by running into objects near buildings as well as inside them due to their height restrictions--like doors, desks, corners of walls-or even other children.
There are tons of benefits as well as reasons that comes from installing fences in school. They're inexpensive, easy to install, and help the school maintain a safe environment. If you want your child to be able to focus on their studies without worrying about safety or security, then it's time for schools to take this step in protecting them!
5.) Some safety concerns you should consider before installing a fence on campus
Before installing fences on campus, there are some safety considerations to take into account. Install fences with the following features:
- Permanent fencing materials like steel and aluminum should be used instead of wire mesh so they do not detract from the aesthetics of a school’s design. This will depend on the budget and the school’s board policy.
- Fences that have gaps or breaks in them need to be fixed immediately because any gap can provide an entrance for intruders
- Escape routes between buildings on campuses must always remain clear so students know how to get out if necessary
- It is important to consult Campus Security before building new structures on your property as it helps avoid liability issues down the line.
- Let the professionals like Fencing Specialist handle the installation of school fencing so you can rest knowing your family and children are safe.
6.) Questions to ask when choosing a company or contractor to install fences at your school
It is important to ask questions before hiring a fencing contractor to install fences at your school.
Here are a number of the questions you may need to ask:
- What are the types of fences they install and their benefits for my property type?
- What is the length of time it would take to complete installation?
- How much does the company charge for installation, delivery, and removal?
- Do they offer a warranty on installation or materials?
- Have any customers had problems with customer service or quality of workmanship after installing a fence from this company?
- Can I get references from past customers who have installed a fence with this company before making my decision to hire them?
- Is there anything else I should know about your company that could help me make an informed decision when choosing you over other companies in the area offering similar services (i.e., how long has your business been established, what certifications do you hold, etc.)
It is also wise to ask about additional services that may not come included as part of a fence installation - such as landscaping work. The more questions you ask now the better decision you'll make later!
Different types of fences available for schools
1.) Perimeter fencing
Perimeter fencing is a type of fencing that surrounds a property. It can be installed on top of the ground, or underground to deter people from entering the school grounds.
Perimeter fencing is often used in combination with other types of fencing for an extra measure of security at schools and other institutions.
- This type of fence is not designed to stop vehicles so they may need additional physical barriers if there's a concern about vehicle intruders.
- It should also have barbed wire or razor tapes added near the top edge for increased protection against climbing attempts by unauthorised personnel or animals.
- In case someone does get inside, it will make them more visible and easier to catch before they reach any restricted areas within your premises.
- This type of fence should be around the outer edge of your premises.
- The design is also important as it needs to be strong enough so that people cannot easily climb over or jump out, and there's no way they can break through the fence in any area.
2.) Playground fencing
Playground fencing is a type of fence that is designed specifically for children. It usually has a low height and often does not have any horizontal or vertical posts as an additional safety measure. Playground fencing can be found in many schools, parks and other public places where there are lots of young people present.
Playground fences are typically made from either wood or metal components which have been combined together in order for them to stand up securely while remaining lightweight so kids can easily move around them without any difficulties.
The cost of installing playground fencing depends upon what material you choose and how much area needs protecting, but this type of fencing remains one of the more popular options when compared against other types of school fencing.
3.) Sports fencing
This type of fencing is often used for outdoor sports fields. These types of fences provide the most complete safety and security with steel, mesh fencing or wire wrapping to create a strong barrier which can withstand both human contact and animal intrusion. When it comes to school fencing - Sports Fencing is one that should be considered.
The cost of sports fencing is dependent on the size of the area it is being installed for. The installation process can be done quickly and with minimal disruption to your school schedule, opening up spaces that might otherwise have been unavailable due to construction.
The material itself typically costs between $50-$150 per linear foot depending on its height, weight and type of mesh or wire used in manufacturing. Cost varies in respectively on different countries.
4.) Mesh cages
Mesh cages are an attractive option for school fencing because they are less expensive than solid fencing. They also offer better visibility for the school grounds, so it is easier to monitor what is happening outside of the school during recess or after-school hours.
Mesh fences can be used as standalone structures around small playgrounds and play areas where there isn't a lot of activity going on in those areas all day long.
This type of fences is ideal when you need temporary protection that will last one year or two years while an area grows up enough to provide natural coverage from intruders.
If you need any help with your research or would like to discuss anything further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
We hope this article has given you a better understanding of why school fencing is beneficial. If this article has been helpful, please share it with your friends and family on social media. We would love to hear what you have to say about our blog post in the comments below!