Can I order food online during this pandemic Situation? Will it be safe?
Yes, Food industries are working hard to maintain hygiene and cleanliness in the surroundings and maintain proper protocol to prepare safe food to get delivered to your doorsteps. The industries and organizations related to food industries closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 and following all guidelines established by the WHO. To make it more trustworthy industries are obtaining various types of certificates to gain the trust of their customers.
GMP Good Manufacturing Practice is one of the best practices to be followed and be certified to maintain the trust of consumers who want to know the products they buy are manufactured in safe, well-regulated environments, and to government standards following all rules during this pandemic to produce safe. GMP is an important part of HACCP Certification too. The role of GMPs in the food industry’s success is critical; they help them maintain the safety and quality they produce. Thus, GMP procedures can encompass proper protocols for allergen labeling to minimizing the risks of contaminants.
Basic of GMP
Food companies must meet several basic operational procedures to fulfill GMP requirements. These can include:
- Sanitation processes to ensure food is suitable for human consumption
- Proper maintenance and operation of food processing
- Use of suitable chemicals within and around the food premises for cleaning, machine lubricants, and including a pest control program
- Proper maintenance of equipment and utensils used within the food business
- Monitoring of critical control points like humidity, pH, time, and temperature
- Protection against natural defects and contamination
- Avoidance of foreign matter, including wood, glass, metal, plastic, pests, etc into finished food
- Cleanliness of the premises, equipment, utensils, floors, walls, and ceilings
- Maintain proper storage of waste within and by the food business
- Compliance with legal requirements is a much more detailed general framework for establishing or revisiting GMPs to verify current best practices are in place.
Also, Check —>> GMP Certification in Sri Lanka
Why are the basic guidelines of GMP Important?
Good Manufacturing Practices help to ensure the proper design, monitoring, and control of the manufacturing processes and facilities in the certified industry. Companies that adhere to these standards help to assure the identity, strength, and quality of their products in the market to meet customer requirements. GMP can help to cut down costs on facility losses and reduction in waste to protect the company, consumers, and the environment from harm. The Current Good Manufacturing Practices are set by the FDA to strive for the set of standards to take steps to increase their accountability and provide them with safe products that will not get recalled.
Documenting GMP in the food Industry
To better assist in the implementation of GMP, businesses should document all procedures and process records to implement relevant GMP to their premises and products. This helps as evidence for the organization that they have implemented Good manufacturing practices in case of audits or inspections.
Evaluation of GMP in the food industry
Proper inspection is important in the food industry to make sure that the organization is complying with the standard compliance and HACCP Principles. There are any issues discovered during the inspection, in a third-party certification audit. The organization management should take quick action to resolve the analysis to avoid reoccurrence. By not implementing adequate good manufacturing practices (GMP) businesses can risk several negative consequences in the long run affecting market value.
GMP CERTIFICATION PROCESS
Now you know about Good Manufacturing Practices and its critical part of running a high-quality facility. To make the GMP Certification process simple and quick. Hiring a consultant will guide you and your business through the following steps to achieve GMP Certification by providing
- Gap Analysis Training
- Documentation & Test Report
- Process Audit
- External Audit
- Certification and beyond