FSSC 22000 is a Certification theme for food processors and food packaging to attain assurance for your customers that you just have enforced an efficient Food Safety arrangement and management system.
ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 both the standards are growing speedily to assist stop unhealthiness and expensive, damaging remembers of merchandise. FSSC 22000 is a combination of ISO 22000 and HACCP to determine the food safety systems of organizations in the food chain. FSSC 22000 Certification adopts process or manufacture policies that aim of the inspiration is to gain broad acceptance of food safety against technical specifications for sector PRPs to meet this certification scheme.
This FSSC 22000 (Version 5.1) standard certification documentation is designed and developed for the increasing need for harmonized certification of the food safety systems. This standard helps in taking measures to create justified confidence that all necessary measures are taken to ensure food safety. FSSC 22000 version 5.1 requirements also cover HACCP policy and ISO 22000 standard requirements. FSSC 22000 includes the procedures, policies, plans and manual, sample formats, and SOPs needed to be followed to comply with FSSC 22000 Certification standard.
Also, Check —>>FSSC 22000 Certification in Sri Lanka
FSSC 22000 Requirements
FSSC 22000 manual has implemented to meet the requirements to develop process, procedures and plans need to be followed to establish FSSC standard effectively in an organization.
FSSC 22000 SOPS
An FSSC 22000 SOPs document covers all the main and critical processes with the input-output matrix. It helps any organization in developing guidelines for processes, flow chart, and process mapping as well as preparing process documents for own organization.Main Requirements of FSSC 22000 Certification are:
- Establishing an overall Food Safety Policy developed by top management for your organization.
- Setting objectives that will drive your company’s efforts to comply with the policy to achieve the desired goal of manufacturing quality and safe products.
- Planning and designing a management system and documenting the system required to be filled for the compliance of the standard.
- Maintaining records of the performance of the system and the changes made in the process for acquiring the result.
- Establishing a group of qualified individuals to perform the desired task to make up a Food Safety Team.
- Defining communication procedures to ensure effective communication within and outside an organization with regulatory personnel, customers, suppliers, and others and for effective internal communication.
- Having an emergency plan in case of need arises in any circumstances.
- Holding management review meetings and evaluating performance
- Providing adequate resources for the effective operation
- Following HACCP principles
- Establishing a corrective action system and control of nonconforming product at maximum level
- Maintaining a documented procedure for handling withdrawal of product or any defect or recalls
- Controlling monitoring and measuring devices at regular interval
- Establishing and maintaining an internal audit program yearly or as stated
- Continually updating and improving the Food Safety System Certification
Prerequisite programs in ISO/TS 22002-1 and the ISO/TS 22002-4 include requirements for:
- Construction and layout of the building
- The layout of premises and workspace
- Utilities – air, water, energy
- Waste disposal
- Equipment suitability, cleaning, and maintenance
- Management of purchased material
- Measures for prevention of cross-contamination
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Pest control
- Personnel hygiene and employee facilities
- Product recall procedures
- Product information
- Food defense, bio vigilance, and bioterrorism
FSSC 22000 CERTIFICATION PROCESS
To make the FSSC 22000 Certification process simple and quick. Hiring a consultant will guide you and your business through the following steps to achieve FSSC 22000 Certification by providing.
- Gap Analysis Training
- Documentation & Test Report
- Process Audit
- External Audit
- Certification and beyond