Embassy of Ireland Recruitment 2018/2019 for Humanitarian Development Officer. Embassy of Ireland Humanitarian Development Officer Recruitment. Embassy of Ireland recruitment form, Ireland embassy in nigeria recruitment 2018, Ireland embassy in abuja recruitment, Ireland embassy in nigeria 2018/2019 recruitment application form, irish embassy abuja jobs, ireland embassy job vacancies 2018. All of these is what you will see in this article.
Embassy of Ireland Recruitment 2018/2019
The Embassy of Ireland – The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade intend to hold a competition for the purpose of recommending a person for appointment to the position of:
Job Title: Humanitarian Development Officer
- A competition will be held for the post of Humanitarian Development Officer at the Embassy of Ireland in Abuja
- This recruitment will be a local competition for a full time position based at the Embassy of Ireland in Abuja and is for a one year contract in the first instance.
- Candidates should note that canvassing will disqualify and will result in their exclusion from the process.
SEE ALSO: CashGranted.com Login / Registration Portal – www.cashgranted.com
- The Embassy of Ireland manages all aspects of Ireland’s relationship with Nigeria, with non-resident accreditations to Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal and ECOWAS. Ireland is a major donor to the humanitarian crisis in the Lake Chad Region affecting Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon and Chad
- The Embassy wishes to recruit a Development Officer to support the Embassy’s humanitarian work
- The position requires a deep knowledge of the region and humanitarian work, a high degree of professionalism and integrity, third level education, good oral and written communication in English and Hausa, good organisational skills, and the ability to be flexible as demands and priorities change. A working knowledge of French would be a distinct advantage.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The post of Humanitarian Development Officer will work closely with the diplomatic staff of the Embassy on all aspects of the Embassy’s development work
- The Humanitarian Development Officer will be required to have a deep appreciation for, and the flexibility to respond to, the complex and evolving humanitarian environment in the region.
SEE ALSO: Apply Financial Planner Job at Cornerstone Insurance Plc
The precise range of duties will vary over time according to the exigencies of the needs of the Embassy, but will include the following:
- Monitor the level and nature of humanitarian crisis in close consultation with Deputy Head of Mission (DHOM) and report regularly on developments
- Participate in regular meetings on humanitarian issues in Nigeria with a view to gaining a full understanding of the complexity of the issues
- Monitor the level and source of international funding, highlight key successes and challenges and identify lessons which can be used to inform Ireland’s future support in Nigeria and the region
- Liaise regularly with the Nigeria UN Humanitarian Country Team and with OCHA incountry
- Act as liaison for Ireland with the Nigeria Humanitarian Pooled Fund
- Liaise directly with the Humanitarian Unit, Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade HQ on funding options and ensure that programmes are carried out in line with Ireland’s Humanitarian Assistance Policy and within the terms agreed when financing was provided. This may include contact with Irish posted staff on Rapid Response duty
- Advise Head of Mission (HOM) and DHOM on developments with a view to maintaining a high profile for the Embassy on humanitarian issues
- Undertake monitoring visits to the field to assess progress by partners (UN, Red Cross and NGOs) in implementing humanitarian and development programmes supported by Ireland
- Share monitoring findings with HOM, DHOM and relevant colleagues in HQ (Humanitarian Unit, Africa Unit, Multilateral Unit, Department of Agriculture Food and Marine)
- Within Nigeria, prepare briefs for visits to State level for the HOM/DHOM and liaise with Federal and State government officers on a work programmes for the visits
- Support preparations for high level visits from Ireland to view Irish-supported humanitarian programmes
- Prepare occasional papers on development and humanitarian subjects as requested by the HOM or colleagues in HQ
- Administer small grant programmes including the Humanitarian Emergency Response Fund which aims to rapidly disperse funding to provide lifesaving assistance. This will include identifying potential partners, providing administrative support and conducting monitoring visits
- Monitor and report on political developments that have the potential to impact on the humanitarian response
SEE ALSO: Graduate Executive Financial Planner at Cornerstone Insurance Plc
Embassy of Ireland Recruitment Requirements
To be eligible the following qualifications and competencies are required:
- Degree in a discipline of relevance to the role of Humanitarian Development Officer (Level 8), Post-graduate Degree in a relevant discipline (Level 9)
- Fluency in English and Hausa;
- Minimum of seven years relevant work experience;
- Strong knowledge of the Lake Chad Region;
- Independent means of transport;
- The legal right to work in Nigeria;
- High degree of integrity and trust;
- Effective communication, networking and reporting skills (including understanding, reporting and communicating complex information);
- Initiative and Team Work (capacity to motivate staff; innovate; participate in / lead teams aimed at process or organisational reform); and Good representational, networking and influencing skills.
In addition to the essential criteria above, the following criteria are desirable:
- Knowledge of the Development Sector;
- Knowledge of Irish humanitarian policy;
- Ability to work in French;
- Office administration experience;
- Database management skills;
- Strong IT skills specifically a working proficiency in MS Office programmes such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Experience working in an International Organisation, Diplomatic Mission or other International Environment
SEE ALSO: Top 200 Federal Government Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Principal Conditions of Service
- The successful candidate will be based in the Embassy of Ireland, Abuja. Though Abuja based, s/he will be required to undertake in-country travel within Nigeria and also international travel in the region or to Ireland. Independent means of transport is required.
- Travel expenses and subsistence will be covered as per Departmental policies for locally recruited staff.
- The gross monthly salary shall be 820,868 Naira to be paid in arrears by the 25th of each month.
- Tax will be deducted in line with the Taxation Laws of Nigeria.
- Payment of salaries will be made directly into your bank account. You will also receive a 13th month salary together with your December salary. Thirteenth month salary is calculated on the basis of one year in service or part thereof.
ALSO READ: Federal Government Job Vacancies in Nigeria 2018
- The successful applicant will be offered a 1 year contract. The contract will be on a renewable basis
- A 6 month probationary period will apply. At the discretion of the Minister the probationary period may be extended for a further period of three months
- The contract will include a requirement for regular performance assessment. The contract will be subject to the laws of Nigeria.
- You shall be employed within the Embassy of Ireland for the purposes outlined above, in Nigeria
- Your continuing employment is contingent, inter alia, on the demands of the Irish Embassy in Nigeria. This is without prejudice to your rights under Nigerian law
- Changes in the business plan of the Embassy will lead to a review of the position of the employee
- The appointment carries no entitlement to established status in the Irish Civil Service, nor to a contract of infinite duration
- As regards the Irish Civil Service, the appointment is to a “temporary un-established position”
- During the first six months of employment in the post you will be on probation and your performance will be subject to ongoing review
- The appointment may be terminated without notice at any time during the probationary period if your services are deemed unsatisfactory from the point of view of conduct, performance, health or general efficiency
- Should your contract be renewed your salary will be reviewed and an increase may be granted on the basis of satisfactory performance in line with a defined salary scale
See other Jobs You can apply for Below:
- 42 Teaching Job vacancies in Lagos State
- Secondary Schools Teaching Jobs in Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Primary School Teaching Jobs in Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- Delta State Hospitals Management Board Job Recruitment
- Midwestern Oil and Gas Company Limited Recruitment 2018/19 Application Form
- Banking Jobs in Asaba, Delta State 2018/2019 | See 30 Jobs for Bankers Here
- Government Secondary School 2018/2019 Teacher Jobs in Lagos State
- KPMG Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment 2018/2019
- CBN Recruitment 2018/19 | cbn.gov.ng | Apply Central Bank of Nigeria Job Vacancy
- ExxonMobil Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form for Graduates
- Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Recruitment 2018/19 (23 Positions)
- Shell Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form
- The position is whole-time and, upon appointment thereto, it will be a breach of the terms and conditions of this contract if you engage in or become connected with any outside business which would interfere with the performance of your official duties
- Candidates are required to declare any other employment, interests or potential sources of a conflict of interest.
ALSO READ: Financial Advisor Job Vacancy at AIICO Insurance Plc
- The appointment is subject to a mandatory retirement age of 65 years (in accordance to local retirement laws).
Termination of Contract
- A minimum of one month’s written notice must be given by either side seeking to terminate this contract outside of the probationary period
- In such circumstances as an employee being found guilty of serious misconduct inconsistent with the fulfillment of the expressed or implied conditions of the contract of employment (or such other grounds for summary dismissal as specified in local labour law) the employee’s appointment may be terminated by the Embassy (on behalf of the Minister) immediately and without notice
- In the event of the appointment being terminated under the terms of this section, no remuneration, severance or
- compensation will be payable other than that applicable to work carried out.
ALSO SEE: Client Service Executive Job at AIICO Insurance Plc
- The leave year commences on April 1st. Employees are entitled to 20 working days paid leave per leave year (such days to be calculated on a pro rata basis for employees taking up their position during the year)
- Leave must be taken during the period in which it is earned and may not be carried forward. No payment will be made in lieu of leave days.
- In addition to annual leave the employee is entitled to leave for days designated as official holidays by the Embassy
- The Embassy reserves the right to ask employees to work on a Public Holiday. On such occasions as the employee may be required to work on a Public Holiday, an entitlement to time off in lieu shall arise
- All leave should be approved in advance by the Line Manager using the Annual Leave request forms.
Hours of Attendance
- The hours of attendance may be prescribed from time to time. At present, normal working hours are from 8.30-17.00 Mondays-Thursdays inclusive, with a lunch break from 13.00-14.00. Normal working hours on Fridays are 8.30 – 13.30.
- Unauthorized absences will be considered grounds for disciplinary action
- Punctuality is compulsory at all times.
Application Closing Date
Midnight, 10th September, 2018.
How to Apply Embassy of Ireland Recruitment For Humanitarian Development Officer
Interested and qualified candidates must submit the following below (incomplete applications will not be considered):
- A completed Application Form
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum) that provides:
- Details of Third Level Qualifications – Degree(s) or Diploma(s) and details of subjects studied and grades earned;
- Supporting documentation in the form of original documents will be required from short-listed applicants, including:
- Proof of your legal right to work in Nigeria (e.g. Nigerian passport or working visa)
- References from former employers; and
- Original Third Level Diploma/Degree certificates.
HOT JOBS THIS WEEK FOR YOU!!!
- Npower 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Airforce 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy 2018 recruitment
- Nigerian Army 2018 Recruitment
- Nddc 2018 Recruitment
- MTN Nigeria 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian Prisons 2018 Recruitment
- Nigerian immigration service 2018 Recruitment
- Nigeria Customs 2018 Recruitment
- Nigeria Police 2018 Recruitment
- DSS 2018 recruitment
- NAFDAC 2018 Recruitment
- INEC Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Registration Form
- Nestle Nigeria 2018 Recruitment
- Dangote 2018 Recruitment
All applications must be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Click Here for more Information (PDF)
- Only electronic applications sent via email will be accepted. Application emails should include the subject: “Abuja Humanitarian Development Officer Applicant [insert name] 2018”.
- An editable Word version of the application can be requested from: [email protected]
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in “PDF and Word formats”, not pictures or other formats.
- Only applications fully submitted online will be accepted into the campaign
- Applications will not be accepted after the online closing date.
- The Interviews for this post will be held in September 2018 in the “Embassy of Ireland in Abuja”.
- Candidates should make themselves available at the time and date(s) specified by the Embassy of Ireland and should make sure that the contact details specified on the application form are correct.
- Costs associated with attendance at interview will be borne by the candidate
The post Embassy of Ireland Recruitment 2018/2019 for Humanitarian Development Officer appeared first on Mediangr.com - Media Nigeria, Scholarships, Jobs & Nigerian News.