All of us at one time or another will experience a Plumbing emergency. Whether it is a water leak in a home, or a broken water line in a business emergency plumbing situations will arise. Unfortunately these emergencies can happen when you least expect it. At Metro-Rooter we specialize in Jacksonville emergency plumbing services. Below we have listed some of the more common ones we deal with on a regular basis.
Typical Plumbing Emergency Problems We Address
- Clogged kitchen & bathroom sinks:This isn’t necessarily an emergency, however it can definitely cause problems to your daily routine. Whether you are doing the dishes in your kitchen or washing your hands in your bathroom, a slow draining sink can put a damper on your day. There are some common DIY tips to unclogging your drains.
- Backed-up toilets:There is nothing worse than a clogged toilet, especially after going #2. A toilet that refuses to flush can be a number or things from a simple clog to a septic tank that needs pumping. Regardless of the reason you will want to address it as soon as possible as a clogged toilet can lead to leaks, causing structural damage, as well as being a health hazard.
- Clogged drains in your shower and tub:Most of us have experienced taking a shower and rather than the water draining it is rising above your ankles. The culprit for this common plumbing emergency is a build-up of soap scum hair.
- Dripping faucets and toilets:Though some people tend to ignore slow drips or a running toilet, this common emergency will put a dent in your wallet. Over time a running faucet or toilet can waste over 10,000 gallons of water annually. Addressing a leaky faucet or toilet should be a priority.
- Water heater leaks:Water heaters should never leak water. If you identify a leak in the valve a simple replacement valve can be installed. However in the vent water is leaking from a tank that is rusted, you will need a new water heater installed. A leaking water heater can cause significant damage to your home. If your water heater is leaking, contact Metro-Rooter today for all your water heater needs.
- Old washing machine hoses:None of us can live without our washing machines, however if you have an old hose that is leaking water you will want to get that replaced ASAP. A small crack in the hose can cause a steady stream of water to flow onto your floor.
- Cracked or Broken water lines:Living in Jacksonville we have lots of oak trees. Depending on the location of your pipes, over time tree roots can cause breaks to your water lines. If you notice wet spots in your yard, green patches of grass that looks out of the norm or low water pressure, you will want to call an emergency plumber right away.
- Septic Tank backup:According to the City of Jacksonville there are over 92,000 septic tanks in Duval County. If you are on a septic system you understand the signs when you may have a problem. They consist of clogged drains, backed up toilets, strong sewage smell or a saturated yard. If you are experiencing any of these issues you will want to contact Metro-Rooter. We are a licensed septic tank company in Jacksonville.
Jacksonville Emergency Plumber
If you are experiencing any plumbing emergency from a broken pipe, slab leak, broken water heater, clogged drains, running toilet or septic tank repair you will want to contact the plumbing experts at Metro-Rooter. We specialize in all emergencies related to your plumbing and/or septic systems. We are available 24/7, contact us today if you are in need of emergency plumbing service (904) 695-1911.
The post Common Plumbing Emergencies appeared first on Jacksonville Plumbing Blog.