We all understand how Moving can be both chaotic and frustrating. Many of us have been through the moving process and know that you misplace things, and break things both during the Packing and unpacking process. Below we have listed some helpful tips that will assist you in both the packing and unpacking process.
- Always start packing the items you rarely use (ex: old books, files, etc…).
- Always protect your items with packing materials. Newspapers are usually the most common and most cost effective ways of wrapping your items.
- Never pack breakable and non-breakable items together. Always label breakable boxes with “Fragile” so you know which ones are in need of special care.
- Purchase standard size boxes for your next move. Quality boxes are more durable and limit your chances of accidents.
- Make sure you maximize each boxes space, but also be mindful of the weight. Organize the content of each box by packing heavier items on the bottom, to maintain the boxes balance. Make sure the boxes integrity is maintained, never exceed 50lbs, and try and keep the weight to actually around 30lbs per box.
- Always use packing tape to close boxes, never use masking tape as it is not strong enough to handle most moves.
- Label boxes accordingly and clearly mark them on several sides. Guys let your significant other do the writing as they will write legibly. You should also organize your move by labeling boxes according to the room they are for. Another helpful tip is to list the general contents of each box for a quick reference guide.
- Label boxes that you will need immediately after the move (ex: utensils, toiletries, etc..) as “Open First”.
- Any items that are of extreme importance or are valuable to you, carry with you at all times. Pack a suite case of bag that you will pack in your car for your move.
- All electronics take pictures of the connections so you know where and how to connect your items when you start unpacking in your new home. Make sure you keep all connections and wires with their corresponding device.
- Any breakable items (China, Stemware, plates, bowls, etc…) cushion with plenty of crumbled newspaper at the bottom of the box. Carefully wrap each piece with newspaper and bubble wrap. As you lay the contents in the box, make sure the items are secure and cannot shift, and be mindful of the weight.
- Always pack you perishable items last. You should use coolers to pack these items and you should move them into your own vehicle.
Jacksonville Moving Company
Moving can be stressful but if you plan and use these helpful tips your next move will go better than you expect. Royal Moving and Storage is a Jacksonville Moving Company that specializes in residential and commercial moving services. We also offer packing and unpacking services for our customers. If you are in need of a quality mover and would like a free moving estimate, call us today (904) 724-6683.
The post 12 Professional Tips For Packing appeared first on Jacksonville Moving Blog.