SGX Nifty indicating a positive opening for the Indian markets. Markets are expected to continue the positive momentum; traders will also keenly await the economic survey report, which will be presented by the finance minister today at 1 pm. The domestic equity benchmark indices are set to open higher today tracking positive cues from Nifty futures on the Singapore Stock Exchange and firm trend across global markets.
Positive SGX Nifty Index Futures for February delivery, which were trading at 11,127, up by 53 points or 0.48%, at 11:14 AM Singapore time, also signaled a positive opening for the domestic equity bourses. The movement of key benchmark indices-Nifty and Sensex are likely to remain volatile this week ahead of the presentation of the Union Budget 2018 on Thursday and third quarter earnings report from key corporates.
Investors will closely watch the Economic Survey 2017-18 to be presented today by the Finance Minister, the first day of the crucial Budget session of Parliament. Economic Survey 2018 will give a broad picture of the state of the economy and the way forward. Dalal Street investors would react to a report stating that foreign investors have pumped in a staggering USD 3 billion (nearly Rs 18,000 crore) into the country's capital markets this month so far
On the stock front• Shares of banking stocks will remain in focus after rating agency CRISIL upgraded its outlook on 18 public sector banks (PSBs)
from “negative” to “stable” on the government’s capital infusion and reform plan.
• IT firm Newgen Software Technologies, which recently concluded its initial public offering (IPO), will be listed on the stock market today.
On the Earning front
• Stock focus will be on HDFC, Reliance Communications, IDFC, Wockhardt, Indian Bank, TRF, Emami, HSIL, among others which will announce their December 2017 quarter earnings report today.
Previous Day Roundup• Snapping a six-day gaining streak, the Indian equities closed lower in a holiday-shortened week on Thursday, as investors resorted to profit¬taking after a strong rally in the last few session.
• Major Asian markets are trading in the green, Nikkei is up 0.51%, Hang Seng is up 0.56%, while Shanghai Composite is trading 0.47% higher.
• US Markets: US Markets: The major averages continued to surge higher with all the three major indices closing at record highs in the Friday’s session.
• European markets closed in the green on Friday with FTSE up 0.65%, CAX up 0.87% and DAX closed 0.37% higher.
Major Headlines of the day:
• Tata Coffee reported 106% growth in net profit to Rs 84.61 crore in the Quarter Ended December 2017 as against Rs 41.01 crore reported during the previous quarter ended December 2016. Sales fell 8% to Rs 377.09 crore in the quarter ended December 2017 as against Rs 410.14 crore during the previous quarter ended December 2016.
• Reliance Industries' eastern offshore KG-D6 gas fields have seen production plummet to the lowest level of 4.9 mmscmd in the third quarter of the ongoing fiscal. Natural gas production from Dhirubhai-1 and 3 (D1&D3) gas fields as well as MA field totalled 4.9 million standard cubic meters per day (mmscmd), RIL said in an investor presentation post¬October-December quarterly earnings.
Trend in FII flows: The FIIs were Net Value of Rs 937.31 the cash segment Thursday while the DIIs were Net Value of Rs -965.67 as per the provisional figures.
Securities in Ban For Trade Date 29-JAN-2017:
CapitalStars Award Winning , SEBI registered , ISO certified investment advisory company. We provide intraday & positional services in Equity , derivative ,commodity & currency. Our research is highly skilled & experienced .
stock market tips
Free Commodity Tips
Share Tips Expert
Nifty Futures Tips
Investment & Trading in securities market is always subjected to market risks, past performance is not a guarantee of future performance.CapitalStars Investment Adviser: SEBI Registration Number: INA000001647
This post first appeared on Capitalstars| Commodity Trading Tips Provider| Intraday Stock Tips, please read the originial post: here