The global Clinical decision support system(CDSS) market is expected to witness a CAGR of 18.4%, and is projected to reach USD 1,824.7 million by 2023. The growth of CDSS market is attributed to the increasing government support, growing investment in healthcare IT, and increasing demand for technological advancements in the healthcare sector. The report segments Clinical Decision Support System Market by Component (Software, Hardware, Services), Model(Knowledge-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems, Non-Knowledge-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems), Product(Standalone Clinical Decision Support Systems, Integrated Clinical Decision Support Systems, Standard-Based Clinical Decision Support System, Service Model Based Clinical Decision Support System), Delivery Model(Web-Based Clinical Decision Support System, On Premise Clinical Decision Support System, Cloud Based Clinical Decision Support System), Application(Drug-Drug Interactions, Clinical Guidelines, Drug Allergy Alerts, Clinical Reminders, Drug Dosing Support, Others) and Region(North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa(MEA)). The report studies the global Clinical Decision Support System Market over the forecast period (2017-2023).
Clinical Decision Support System is used to assist clinician by providing some expert opinion or advices for diagnosis and analysis by using patient information. CDSS can provide support to clinicians at various stages, from diagnosis to monitoring and followup. CDSS are designed to integrate patient data with medical knowledge and provide suggestions for the clinician, based on that.
Key findings from the report:
- The global clinical decision support system market is expected to reach USD 1,824.7 million by 2023
- The knowledge-based clinical decision support system model segment holds the major share of the global CDSS market in 2016, and is expected to hold its dominance during 2017-2023
- The drug allergy alerts was the largest application of the CDSS market in 2016. The clinical reminders segment is expected to show highest CAGR during the forecast period
- North America holds the largest share of the global CDSS market and is projected to continue its dominance over the forecast period
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness highest CAGR during 2017-2023
- Some of the key companies operating in the CDSS market include Cerner Corporation, EPIC Systems Corporation, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., IBM Corporation, Philips Healthcare, Mckesson Corporation, Meditech, Wolters Kluwer Health, among others
Clinical Decision Support System-Primary Drivers
The clinical decision support system market is majorly driven by support initiatives by government organisations across the globe. The Health Information Technology For Economic And Clinical Health (HITECH )Act, 2009, gave huge impetus to the CDSS market in the United states. The financial incentives and stringent rules under the act has encouraged investments and adoption of CDSS in the United states. Moreover, there is a high demand for healthcare Information technologies, such as CDSS in healthcare sector. CDSS based on cloud computing technology offers the flexibility to access patient data regardless of the facility. Healthcare providers adopting improved healthcare technologies are more attractive to patients due to various advantages associated with them.
Clinical Decision Support System Market – Regional insight
North America holds the largest share of the global CDSS market and is projected to continue its dominance over the forecast period, owing to favorable government policies coupled with technological advancements and increasing prevalence of chronic diseases. Asia-Pacific is projected to acheive high growth rate during the forecast period in the global CDSS market. The factors driving the growth in the region are increased healthcare spending and increasing adoption of information technology in healthcare sector .
Global Clinical Decision Support System Market to witness a CAGR of 18.4% during 2017-2023
The post Global Clinical Decision Support System Market to witness a CAGR of 18.4% during 2017-2023 appeared first on Energias Market Research.
This post first appeared on Market Research Reports, Market Analysis, Market Survey, please read the originial post: here