We all want our products to be undamaged on arrival to our client, but do we have to use so much Void fill?
What is void fill? It is any material that is used for filling a void! This can be Corrugated Paper, Bubble Wrap, Polystyrene Chips, you name it, we use it! We have all had a parcel delivery sometime in our lives, and how frustrating it is when a huge box turns up and you pull out more and more paper until you find at the bottom a tiny little box!
Large organisations have spent millions developing innovative products to Reduce void fill. However, there is often some simple things you can action to reduce this:
1. Train your packers! Use the right box, use the void fill to brace the product rather than compact as tight as you can!
2. Look at your box sizes – can you reduce your standard sizes?
3. Put variable depth creases in your cartons
4. Introduce “wrap around” cartons – no void fill needed.
5. Telescopic cartons – make the box fit the product!
6. Use suspension Packaging for delicate products.
There are plenty of experts out there, but not many packaging salesmen like to tell you that you can reduce your void fill spend. Speak to your packaging supplier and challenge them to innovate to reduce your packaging spend!
If you think that your current packaging could do with being reviewed, please contact our packaging specialists at [email protected] or 0151 486 4800 who will be happy to help