What You Need To Know About Your Online Shoppers In 2018
Did you know that more than 40% of Shoppers expect live chat services on websites? What used to be “a nice to have” service in the past has rapidly become an expectation of standard service to the modern shopper. Research goes on to show that shoppers say that having somebody answer their queries at any time during the purchase was one of the single most important features websites could offer. (1)
There were once clear differences between online and offline shoppers. However, with rapidly evolving technology, more especially the increase in access to mobile technology, those distinctions are no longer as clear. Technology has allowed the consumer to connect with products and services on a whole new level. This has not only expanded your customer base but also introduced your services into a new and emerging market. It has also introduced a whole new set of challenges.
Convenience Has Not Replaced Expectations
Online shoppers still expect excellent customer service. Convenience has not replaced service expectation and if anything, businesses have to work harder than before. Research shows that 34% of online shoppers abandon carts due to not having access to adequate product information. While a further 30% abandon their carts due to difficulty in getting help online. (3)
Business owners fast have to identify ways to bridge the gap in service to ensure online shoppers can expect the same professional customer sales service as offline shoppers. Now ask yourself, which difference the 34% of online shoppers that abandon carts will make to your business if you could follow them through to check out.
What Is Your Online Customer Saying?
In-store customers can browse, ask questions and consider their options with guidance. Your online customers expect the same one-on-one service. Online shoppers expect convenience but are not willing to compromise on customer service. Research shows that 71% of online customers expect to receive a response to their request within five minutes while a further 31% expect instant customer service. (4)
It is for this reason that live chat continues to grow at a steady pace and is one of the most preferred method of contact. At 92%, live chat has the highest satisfaction levels for any customer service channels in comparison to email and voice. (6)
The Added Benefits of Live Chat
Live Chat is not only the single, easiest customer service solution to implement. It is also one of the most personalized ways to address your online customers’ on an individual, one-on-one level. Real-time chat is one single service solution that can:
- Take online shopping from clicks to sales
- Give you real-time feedback
- Keep your finger on the pulse with lead generations
- The ability to operate your business 24/7, 365 without over the top increases in your overheads
- 92% of website visitors choose chat services as their preferred method of contact
- 44% of online shoppers say that one of the most important features companies can offer is having a live chat specialist available during their electronic transaction
- 63% of customers say that would choose to return to websites with the live chat feature (5)
Not only just is it one of the quickest, most cost effect customer services and lead generation solutions to implement, but can also lead to:
- Increased sales with 51% of customers more likely to purchase
- Increased conversion with up to 5 times more leads
- Increased retention with real-time customer support
The post What You Need To Know About Your Online Shoppers In 2018 appeared first on Blue Sky Chat.