I'll admit I'm not sure if Trump's Healthcare executive action is good or bad, but I find it extremely hard to believe there is NO upside. It's interesting the coverage of Trump's healthcare executive order is all negative, everyone seems to be "experts", and it's based on what they think will happen in the future. This isn't a politics site, but this topic crosses into business because companies purchase insurance policies for employees. There is potential that the executive action could actually help people, small business, and future ideas about healthcare & funding. Instead of trying to predict what will happen in the future, here are 4 points of what the executive action actually does:
- Allow small businesses to pool together to purchase health insurance
- Restores the ability of individuals to buy short term policies exempt from Obamacare rules
- Examines ways to make employer funded health savings accounts more flexible
- Stops dispersing cost sharing subsidies to insurance companies until congress appropriates the funds
I'm definitely no expert and won't pretend to be. I heard these points while listening to an episode of the Ben Shapiro Show on The Daily Wire. Click on the image to check out that podcast. Like always, the coverage Trump is extremely one sided. Kind of like the story of a doctor cussing out a patient for long wait times. The initial stories didn't mention the place was slammed, it was an after hours clinic, or the patient was being a jerk even after receiving money back.
Here are my thoughts on each point:
- Allowing small businesses, the lifeblood of America, to team up and purchase policies only huge corporations can afford seems good
- Not forcing people to purchase certain things AND not forcing companies to offer certain things, seems good
- Trying to figure out ways to pay for healthcare besides the government & taxes seems good
- Not allowing huge sums of money to go to health insurance companies randomly, seems good, isn't that one of congress' job?
If Americans are smart - which I believe we are - then we ought to be able to come up with a solutions. One sided coverage of every issue is not good for the nation. A great nation is made up of great individuals. Individuals can be empowered by giving them the options when choose their healthcare plan, giving small business the ability to create insurance pools for their employees, exploring alternative ways to fund healthcare, and not having unknown amounts of money go to insurance companies in the form of subsidies. This can't be that bad.
The post Is Trump’s Healthcare Executive Order Really That Bad? appeared first on High Up Web Development.