Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

What is the Eligibility Criteria for Child Migration in Australia

Australia offers several Visa options under the child migration scheme. A child needs an Australian Visa if he/she needs to travel to or enter or stay in Australia for an indefinite period of time and is not holding an Australian permanent visa.

There are certain conditions that need to be fulfilled in order to be able to apply for Child Migration in Australia. A child is eligible for an Australian visa under the following conditions.

  • He/she should be of age less than 18 years.
  • He/she should be single. By single it is meant that the child should not be married, engaged to be married or in a de facto relationship with someone.

These conditions are the basic necessities for every kind of child visa with some minor differences in each category. The different types of child visa for Australia are as below.

  1. Child Visa (Subclass 802): This visa is for a child who is already living in Australia. The conditions are common but some special age requirements apply to it. It is a permanent stay visa and costs around AUD 2500.
  2. Child Visa (Subclass 101): This visa is for a child outside of Australia to come and live with the parents in Australia. The conditions are same and it is also a permanent stay visa which costs around $2500.
  3. Orphan Relative Visa (Subclass 837): This visa gives a permanent resident status to a child in Australia to live with his/her sponsoring relative. Both of the parents of the child must be dead, permanently incapacitated or of unknown whereabouts to be able to apply for this visa. It costs around AUD 1500.
  4. Orphan Relative Visa (Subclass 117): It is very much similar in every respect to Visa 837 but is for a child living outside of Australia to come and live with the sponsoring relatives in Australia.
  5. Adoption Visa (Subclass 102): This visa permits a child adopted outside of Australia to come and live with the adoptive parents in Australia permanently. To apply for this visa, the child must be adopted or in the process of being adopted. The cost of this visa is about 1500 Australian Dollars.
  6. Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445): It is a temporary stay visa and is for a child who is dependent on his/her parents.

To apply for this visa the child must be:

  • A biological or stepchild or an adopted child of the parents applying for visa
  • Single
  • Dependent on his/her parents because of one of the following reasons:
    • Be of age less than 18 years
    • Dependent financially on the parents
    • Not in the capacity to do any work due to partial or complete loss of functioning physically or mentally

The parent must already hold a Temporary Partner Visa (Subclass 309 or 820). This kind of visa is applied for when the parents are holding a Temporary Partner Visa and are applying for a Permanent Partner Visa. This visa may not be granted if the authorities think it is against the best interest of the child.

To know more about child migration scheme and the various kinds of child visas, you can contact Migration Agent Perth. They can guide and advise you on every aspect.

This post first appeared on Migration Agent Perth, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

What is the Eligibility Criteria for Child Migration in Australia


Subscribe to Migration Agent Perth

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription