The importance for Social Media cannot be underestimated. Over 45% of the population uses at least one channel, it’s clear that social media marketing for small businesses can no longer be done on a whim.
With this in mind, we have put together these 9 steps to get the first social media marketing strategy up and running-
- Different mediums of social media marketing
- Why is social media marketing important for startups?
- Difference between paid and organic social media marketing
- Get goal setting
- Which social media channel best for them
- Set up social media profiles for them
- Snoop on your competitors social media profiles
- Begin scheduling your posts
- Decide on the mix of the content
- Promote your social Media channels where you can
- Start measuring your results
- Optimize your posts for next social media strategy
Using social media for marketing –
Social media marketing is now one of most popular, useful and valuable weapons that the start up can use for growth and profit. Out of 11 different sources, social networks were found to be the biggest source of consumer inspiration. 37% of people found purchasing inspiration through social Media. 21% of people are likely to buy from brands with a social media presence. It’s vital that you incorporate social media into your startup marketing and PR strategy.
Main social media channels for startups –
While there are plenty of niche and special interest social Media channels out there. We are just going to focus on just big 5 : –
There is no doubt that one is having plenty of experience using each of these channels.However, let’s crunch these numbers and take a closer look at each of them.
Social media marketing courses are gaining momentum due to constant and continuous use of social Media. Companies are using it to launch their products and target the exact audience with the help of SEO tools. Madrid Software Trainings are providing courses in social media marketing.Both online and classroom sessions are available.Working professionals can attend weekend classes.
Why is social media marketing important for startups –
The numbers above underline the importance of social media marketing for startups. It doesn’t matter if you start up in fintech, blockchain, consumer electronics or any other sector, Chances are a fair chunk of your target audience is going to be active on social Media.
Benefits of social media marketing –
- Improved brand awareness – Social media is the for initially great method for initially getting your eyes on your startup.91% of marketers agreed that by spending a few hours investing in social media activity each week their brand visibility increased significantly.
- Engaging with customers/ your audience – Social media has blurred the lines between the marketing, PR and customer service. This is largely due to the ease in which you can establish a relationship and communicate directly with your audience.Customers are starting to expect this level of communication too.45% of consumers, social media is one of the first channels they go to with questions or issues.
- Increased web traffic – Social media channels give you another place to share your content. This gives your followers a reason to click through to the website. Keep in mind, the higher quality your content is, the more inbound traffic you will receive.
- Benefits your SEO – Social media is a great place to share your owned media content with your audience.There are some whispers that google media shares of website pages are shown to have a positive impact on SEO. It may result in you climbing up google’s rankings.
- Costs effective – The point is largely down to you.of course, social media channels offer paid advertising and the budget is down to the account owner.However,when used organically , social media marketing is possibly the most cost effective method you can use.
- Healthier customer satisfaction- Another note on social Media impact as a customer service tool. Customers like when they post a comment and receive a modified or personal reply rather than a computerized one. Take the time to personalize your communications and your audience will see you in a more positive light.
- Great for building brand reputation- The goal of PR is to build the reputation of the brand. Social media helps you to achieve this. If you satisfy your customers on social media, others may see this and start seeing your company as one to trust. They may start saying positive things about your brand in social media channels. It’s basically free marketing.
Difference between Paid and Organic social media marketing-
With the last bullet point still ringing in our ears,let’s look at the difference between paid and organic media marketing. The distinction and strategic approach between the two remains a common point of confusion.
Organic side : Organic media activity is any activity that hasn’t been directly paid for. When you post anything on your page, but you don’t put any money behind the post, you are creating an organic post. Simply put, organic actions occur on non -ads.
The paid side – Paid social media is anything that is influenced and boosted by advertising. Any post in your feed that has a “sponsored tag” is commonly referred to as paid social Media. On the whole, paid social media strategies can be tailored to specific demographic and behavioral factors. Here are some examples of paid social media
Boost your posts so they reach a wider audience
Optimize your ads for clicks.
Come up with lead generation forms
Use video ads.
Why use both ???
Many entrepreneurs and business owners firmly believe that the organic reach (number of individuals who come across your post in their feeds) is enough to make an impact.This was to some extent true in its first few years but it’s now no longer the case. Today all social media networks are pay to play channels.
All of them run on algorithmic feeds,meaning that posts will be shown to users based on their behaviour and preferences instead of chronological order. Organic posts on Facebook reach only 2% of an pave followers and this could continue to decrease.
Which we will focus on??
The nine steps covered in this post will surely focus on organic marketing on social Media.
Its for 2 reasons-
If you’re starting from scratch, you need to get your social media profiles in order before you spend money on ads.
As a start up, your social media budget is probably relatively lean.Therefore, we want to ensure this post is as lean as possible.
Stuck in your marketing job for years. Upgrade your career with a Social media marketing course in Delhi from an influential academy- Madrid Software Trainings.
Start your upgrade journey with them and you will surely be reaping rewards in future. They are providing guidance to students at all levels so as to ensure them success at work and face challenges easily. Certifications are provided post training and 100% job assistance is provided.
Step 1 Goal setting –
You want to set some realistic and attainable goals. The best way to set goals is to follow the S-M-A-R-T goal setting acronym. A lot of beginners to social media believe that increasing your number of followers and their likes equals success. Making new friends is always good, but it is unlikely to be a start up primary goal.
Few steps where your start ups can go after
Increasing brand awareness
Create a new leads
Drive website traffic .
Step 2 – Ask yourself – which social media channels are best for your brand.
Once you have decided your social media goals are, it’s time to decide which social media channels are best for you. To make the decisions, you want to think about which industry?? E.g if you are into b2b tech, you want to target your social media marketing towards business professionals. Therefore, you are more inclined to target LinkedIn than Instagram. It’s become easier to choose the channel for marketing your brand when you know these 2 things.
What is my customer demographic ?
Which channels are they likely to use ??
If you are dealing with products pertaining to women fashion and accessories-. With this in mind, you would want to primarily focus on social media channels that focus on photos or visuals and that have a majority female user base. Therefore, you would like to use Instagram. These are assumptions as you are at initial stages but having some kind of plan will lay out foundations.
Step 3 : Social media profiles –
So, now we are gonna get things cooking and setup your social media profiles. It’s more than likely that you already have some form of social media presence. However setting up for business may differ. That’s why we have broken down how to set an account and the best practices for the five main social media channels.
Facebook : you will need to create a Facebook business page. This can only be done if you have a personal page. If you don’t already have one, then consider a few steps and your account will be created.
Twitter : To create a Twitter account, you need to think of twitter handles.
Linked in : You need to create a personal account so that you can create a company page.Description, profile picture, company info is what you require.
Instagram : You can create an Instagram account on your mobile device. You should select a business account for better analysis and recognition. Profile picture and bio is what you need for an Instagram account.
YouTube : It’s owned by Google. So, you need to set up your google account first.You tube optimization focusses on these ranking factors:
Watch time ,video length, number of subscribers , user interaction.
Step 4 : Snoop on your competitors social media profiles
So, what is the next step after creating your social media profiles?? Well, you want to look at your competitors profile and see what the devil they are up to !! Do a broad search.
It’s more than likely that you have some idea of who your competitors are? Use third party tools to take a closer look at competitor social Media. Semrush,keyhole and Rivallq are some of the websites that can carry out audits of competitors’ social channels.
Step 5 : Begin scheduling your posts
When you analyse the organic reach is falling,your startup cannot afford to have a posting strategy. It’s worth trying tools like buffers or hootsuite. It can help your startup stay organised and save time. Consistent posting will help you get more followers especially on Instagram.
Consistent posting schedule with an interesting variety of content shows potential followers that you are invested in your channel. This helps allow you to plan for these and prevent your business from appearing out of loop. Avoid posting the same content across different platforms.
Step 6: Decide on your content –
It’s tempting to use your social media channels to promote and sell your product. When it comes to the content that you share on social media, you want to make sure it’s suitable for that platform and their good variety. Scheduling helps to ensure that your content is spicing things up.
Step 7 : Promote!! Promote!!
Promote your social media channels wherever you can. To get eyes on your channels, you need to promote it.if ur scratching your head wondering where to promote your social media channels. Your website, e-mail list,email signature,social advertisements.
Step 8 : Start measuring your results:
There is no point in carrying out tasks and not measuring results and seeing whether you are on your way to achieving your social media goals. They help you to give metrics via their analytics platforms. You can measure some of the metrics:-
Followers / likes ,Reach, engagement, clicks
Step 9: Optimize your strategy for next social media strategy:
Once you have lined your pockets in some data, you are ready to revisit, review and revise for future marketing strategy. After reviewing what content is getting more likes, engagements, you want to optimize your social media strategy to feature some of the posts.
Wrapping up : We hope these 9 steps give you greater understanding of how to implement an organic social media marketing strategy. These nine steps are the jumping off point
While your startup is looking to grow on social Media. After reading the article, you must have known the growth of social media channels across industries.
You can leverage this by doing courses in social media marketing from Madrid Software Trainings while continuing your job by attending weekend classes.
The post Social Media Marketing For Startups appeared first on Madrid.
This post first appeared on Face To Face Interview With Amit Kataria To Know Big Data Aspects, please read the originial post: here