Summer is almost here, and that means hot sweltering days and steamy nights. If your Aircon isn’t working correctly, it could lead to sweating, sleeplessness and very grumpy family members. So what do you do if your aircon has gone on the blink? Well, the first thing one should do is contact Asset Aircon. Obviously if it’s in the middle of the night or a weekend we probably won’t be of much help. In that case, you can run through this handy checklist of common air conditioner problems, and see if one of the solutions helps to cool you down.
It’s Running, But It’s Not Cooling
You switch your unit on, it rumbles to life, you expect a stream of delicious cooling air – but get damp warmth instead. This is the most common problem with aircon units and can be caused by several things.
- Check the air filter and the drain to see if either need cleaning.
- Check your coolant level for leaks.
- Turn it off for a bit in case the coil has frozen. Wait about ten minutes and try again.
The Unit Won’t Turn On
Pressing buttons manically in the hopes that it will magically come to life is sadly not the answer. Try this instead:
- Is it plugged in? Seriously, check the plug.
- Make sure the thermostat is set to cool and lower the temperature.
- Does the rest of your house have power? Check your circuit board for dropped switches.
The Fan Is Making A Funny Noise
A common issue with aircon units is when the fan makes a funny noise or doesn’t turn on. All aircon units should switch off occasionally, even when it’s hot outside. A faulty fan could stop this from happening and create bigger problems later on. When you hear funny noises, do this.
- Check that nothing is blocking the fan blades.
- Check that the unit is getting power.
- Turn off the unit, unplug it, and try to move the fan yourself. Does it turn without resistance?
- Clean the filter and any moving parts that you can safely access.
These are the most common ailments that you could come across this summer. For any other issues, don’t hesitate to call us. Asset Aircon repairs all aircon issues and will have you sighing with relief in no time. Maybe it’s even time for an upgrade? We service and repair air conditioners from Gaven to Gilberton, to Gilston to Guanaba, and beyond.
The post How Do I Fix My Air Conditioner? appeared first on Asset Aircon.
This post first appeared on ONLY PANASONIC HAS 5 STARS In The 2016 Canstar Blue “Most Satisfied Customers” Award, please read the originial post: here