If you’re in the real estate industry, you most likely use Email as a business tool. Email is a crucial communication tool for realtors, but most of them don’t maximize it. If building a mailing list is not top on your marketing priorities, your business is missing out.
Email in Numbers
A recent survey shows the total number of email users globally stands at about 3 billion in 2019. This figure is set to grow to 4.3 billion users by 2022.
Email marketing has one of the strongest returns on investment. For every $1 you spend on emails marketing, you can expect an average return of $32. This translates to 3,800% ROI, which makes email one of the most effective marketing options available. Globally, 30% of marketers cite Email Marketing as having the highest ROI.
According to Pew Research, 92% of online adults use email, with 61% using it on an average day. An Adobe study, on the other hand, says 61% of consumers prefer to be contacted by brands through email.
Looking at these numbers, it is clear that email is more than a communication tool. You can leverage email for your real estate marketing strategy. It all starts with building an effective mailing list.
Why Realtors Need a Mailing List
Before the advent of email, realtors relied on direct mail to reach potential customers. Snail mail was not only costly but ineffective.
With email, your real estate agency enjoys the following benefits:
- Faster response: Unlike direct mail, you receive a faster response from emails. Using emails for your business speeds up the sales cycle.
- Measurable marketing: You can use analytic tools to determine the success of your email marketing campaigns. Open rates and click-through-rates (CTR) are some of the parameters that show the performance of your campaign.
- Cost-efficiency: Email marketing is one of the cheapest techniques in your marketing mix.
- Targeted marketing: You can segment your emails by zip code, level of income, and other demographics. This targeted marketing yields better results for your real estate business.
- Versatile marketing tool: You can send emails for different purposes including new property listings, market trends, company news, real estate advice, and much more.
How to Build a Realtor Mailing List
As a realtor, you’ve to learn how to nurture leads. You can achieve this by integrating a direct mail campaign in your marketing campaign.
Unengaged mailing lists are the bane of the realtor industry. Such mailing lists suffer low open rates, low click-through rates, and higher than average unsubscribe rates.
To create an engaged email list, you need to:
- Define your goals and target numbers
- Have all your subscribers opt-in legally
- Find the best email service provider (ESP). (Look for customizable templates, responsive drag and drop editing tools and analytics and tracking for email marketing KPIs)
- Segment your mailing list for best results
- Create a dedicated email signup landing page for your newsletter or email list.
- Grow your email list by including a link to your opt-in form on your Facebook page, email signature, website content andGoogle, and Facebook ads.
- Remember best practices for email marketing: add a link to unsubscribe, don’t annoy your subscribers, focus on only one call to action and schedule your emails right.
Creating a manual email list for your realtor business is not easy. Luckily, you can use paid list-building services for real estate leads. These services use specific analytics such as age or income range, zip code, home values for filtering to an interested audience.
Once you identify your marketing goals and target audience, it is easier to start building an effective mailing list. If you’ve not yet started leveraging email marketing, it is time to get started.
The post Why Every Realtor Needs a Mailing List for Effective Email Marketing appeared first on RealtyBizNews: Real Estate News.