When Moving, whether it is house or office – you have a right to be concerned about your valuables and breakables. With a high risk of these items breaking during packing and transit, it is therefore vital to ensure that all the appropriate measures and precautions are taken to keep them in the best possible condition and in line with this; we have come up with these top tips for all planning on moving to consider:
- Be sure to create an inventory. This will allow for you to easily realise is anything gets lost, and also allow you to quickly find your items upon arrival at your new home, because you will have a list of what exactly is contained in all moving boxes. By doing this you will be able to keep an eye on your most precious items throughout your moving journey.
- Hire a trustworthy, reliable and professional London removals Whatever you do, do not simply choose the cheapest removals firm, take your time researching which company are the best for your individual needs are requirements, not only looking at their service list but also taking time to look at their previous testimonials to ensure that they maintain high levels of company satisfaction.
- If you have larger items, when the time arrives for them to be moved, make sure that an adequate number of people are lifting them. This will not only reduce the chance of these items getting damaged, but also your walls, staircases etc.
- Keep smaller, valuable items such as paperwork and jewellery together and with you at all times and if travelling in a separate vehicle, take these with you. This will allow you to access paperwork that you’re likely to need with ease.
- Be sure the wrap breakables such as china in layers of newspaper and bubble wrap to give them the protection that they need. It will also prevent people from getting injured and cut should any breakages occur.
- Don’t use cheap and nasty packaging materials – instead invest in high quality cardboard boxes that have been specifically designed for moving. These boxes may be slightly more expensive, but will provide you with ultimate protection and will be able to be reused time and time again. You can even purchase boxes that are designed for moving individual items such as television boxes and wardrobe boxes.
- When moving mirrors and painting, if you tape a big X across the glass, the painting will not shatter. You have probably seen this one in various movies.
- Keep boxes light, being sure not to overload. This will stop the goods from falling through the bottom of your boxes and also stop you and those lifting the boxes from getting potential back problems.
- Make sure that you have the appropriate insurance for you move, covering absolutely all of your belongings. Removals firms typically provide this for you, but be sure to check!