We can use the Roku App for viewing the content present in our cell phones. We just need to give the commands for play on Roku. So today we will discuss the procedure to cast the images on the TV screen with the help of Roku app.
One needs to have the latest version of Roku app installed on their mobile devices so that they could cast the cell phone images to their television screen. Users might need to use this feature if they want to show the pictures to a group of people together at a time. The Roku app can be used to mirror your mobile screen to your television screen. Users can free download the Roku application on any of their iOS or Android devices. But remember that screen mirroring is only available with compatible Android and windows based devices. Roku app allows the users to view the videos, pictures and play the music from your mobile device to your TV screen. You can also get Roku Set up procedures in case you find that your Roku is not properly setup for casting.
To enable the casting of pics, please make sure you are using it on the compatible devices. To cast a picture, you need to select the option for play on Roku. Also, remember that Play on Roku feature supports the casting for only a particular kind of files. For example, to cast a Music file if must be in an MP3 or M4A format, an image file must end with JPG or PNG, a video file must have MP4 or MPEG-4 Pt 14, MOV, MV4 format, then only Roku will be able to cast those files on your TV screen. Remember you will only be allowed to cast the content that is captured by your phone and not the content that is download from somewhere like Vine or Instagram.
Steps To Cast The Content From Mobile Device To TV Screen Using The Play On Roku :
- Tap on the icon for Roku mobile application.
- Open the Play on Roku by clicking the icon for Photos+present on the navigation bar located at the bottom of applications home page.
- Choose the Music, Photos, or Videoswhich you want to cast to your TV screen. You might receive a prompt to grant permission to the Roku mobile app for accessing the library files of your mobile phone. So click on enable to allow the mobile app to cast your content.
You can also use this app for sharing the content with many devices at a single instance of time. To enable this kind of sharing, just go through the following procedure :
- Connect all the mobile phone and Roku device to the standard shared Wi-Fi network.
- Download and install the application for Roku.
- Once the Roku app is installed, tap on its icon to open it.
- Click on the option to Play on Roku by tapping on the icon for Photos+available on the navigation bar of the Roku application.
- Now you along with the family and friends can cast the content stored on the mobile phones to the television screen. To start casting, you need to click on them and enable their viewing to the TV screen. Play on Roku will explicitly begin the displaying of content from your mobile library to the TV screen. You can also get help from experts if you face issues like Roku not connecting.
In case all the connected users submitted multiple photos at a time, then it will show the maximum of five pictures of a particular user and then display the next five images of another user until it processes at least five pics of every user that gave the input. This way it will complete the processing of all the commands given for casting. So in this way, you can use Roku app for viewing all the files of your mobile device on your TV screen. To learn more about Roku, please visit www Support Roku Com as here you will all the information related to Roku.