How is it going with your Roku device? Since the launch, Roku has maintained its position in the streaming players and Smart TV category. With the exclusive lineup of features and services, Roku has also gained the attention of all the potential streamers around the world.
Besides using the Roku device, you must be aware that updating the streaming device is one of the important things which can’t ignore. As the Roku devices are designed to run the new software version, the Roku TV or Roku player automatically check to view that whether the latest software version is available for the download at the time of initial setup or not. Even the download and installation is also done automatically without any interruption for using up the Roku device.
Error in the software update
If you are willing to go for a software update, then, first of all, ensure that you Roku device has a fair speed internet connection. In the case, if the connection is unreliable or there is a surprising outage, then your Roku device may not be able to update to the latest version of the software. You will get a message at the center which displays the following error codes: 001, 002, 003, or 005.
While you witness such message, check the way to update to the latest software version successfully.
There can be the case that the Roku service can be temporarily not available at a particular moment. At the time of attempting for the software update, if you encountered an error code, then just wait for a few minutes and then try out again. In the case of an extended outage, an alert will show near the top side of the support site of Roku. If you encounter an alert, then try out again after the outage gets over.
Apart from the above alert situation, if you still getting the error message without any alert after making several attempts, then it could be a network linking problem.
Just head on to try out the below troubleshooting steps to fix out the problem-
1) The first thing which you need to make sure is the choosing of the right Wireless network, as choosing out the wrong wireless network name will just cause you the wireless network connection to fail. So, be sure that you have linked to the right network.
2) Now ensure that your Router is working out properly. Just use the mobile device or the computer to link to the router and then access the internet (give a try to start a website like www Roku com support. In the case, if you are not able to link to the internet on other devices, just head to the next s
3) Do you have a strong wireless signal strength? In the case, if the password to access the router is correct and all other can easily access the router, but still, the software update is not happening, then most likely it could be the issue with the strength of the wireless signal. The wireless signal strength depends upon the distance your Roku has been placed from the router. More distance ensures weak signal strength, while less ensures strong signal strength.
4) Head on to restart the router and your Roku device.
- To restart the Roku player, head on to Settings-System-System restart. And for restarting the Roku TV, head to Settings-System-Power and then System restart. Even you can also go for the option of unplugging the Roku device from the power source and then plugging it back in.
- To restarting the router, just check out the correct instructions from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) or the router vendor. In some of the other cases, you can just unplug and plug it back in, and in the other cases, it can require the pressing of a reset button on the device.
Note: There will be a short span of time before both the devices gets restarted.
- In the case, if you have already linked your router, then the Roku device should directly relink. If it is not relinking, or if this is the first time you are setting up your Roku device, just head on to finish the whole network setup process.
Ethernet Vs. Wireless
All the versions of the Roku devices have the capability to link to the router through the wireless. Well, there are some of the Roku devices which has got the Ethernet Connection and which can easily use a cable to link to your network.
- In the case, if it is flexible enough to link the cable from the router to the Roku device, then Ethernet can be the best option to provide the reliable and much faster connection. Just head to link a Standard Ethernet cable from any available port on the router to the port close to the Roku device.
- While opting for the Wireless option can also provide you brilliant results on the condition of the distance between your device and the router to receive the clear signals without any interruption.
If you still counter the bug, just reach out to Roku support to get the experts guidance and solutions.