On Friday, June 9th Environmental Leader (EL) announced the winners of the 2017 Products and Projects Awards. These innovative and inspiring products and projects are reviewed in an EL report (see link at the bottom of the page).
These companies are shining examples of corporate efforts that add business value in a wide range of areas including efficiency, renewable energy, waste reduction, heat capture, packaging, agriculture, and building retrofits.
These products and projects were assessed by a highly respected (and critical) judging panel, led by Peter Bussey, research analyst with LNS Research. The Awards set an extremely high bar to qualify for an award. Selections were based on the products’ capability, efficiency, ease-of-use, functionality, features, and benefits. Most importantly, assessments are done with a focus on performance.
- 3E Company 3ESC Supply Chain Solutions
- Adobe Adobe Sign
- Banyan Water Banyan Water Central
- Ecometrica The Ecometrica Platform
- Enablon The Enablon Value-Driven Platform
- GAC EnvironHull Ltd HullWiper
- Gensuite LLC Gensuite Sustainability and Energy Management
- GridPoint GridPoint Smart Building Solution
- Ingersoll Rand Ingersoll Rand Next Generation R-Series Air Compressors
- Johnson & Johnson Acuvue Oasys 1-Day
- Lockheed Martin Lockheed Martin Advanced Gasification Bioenergy System
- Samsung Electronics America Samsung Refrigerators – Alternative Refrigerant Application
- Stericycle Environmental Solutions Pharmaceutical Consumer Takeback Suite
- Sterilis Medical Sterilis Device
- Terrapure Waste Volume Reduction Services
- Thinkstep Compliance Ltd. BOMcheck Substances Declarations Web Database
- Thinkstep GaBi Software and Data Suite
- Toxnot Toxnot
- Urjanet Inc. Urjanet Utility Data Service
- Xeros The Xeros Commercial Laundry System for Firefighters’ Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- 3M 3M Brookings Water Reduction
- Aries Clean Energy Lebanon’s Gasification Plant is Blending Waste and Generating Sustainable Power
- Banyan Water Banyan Water and Lincoln Centre, a Water-Saving Partnership
- Caesars Entertainment Central Plant Retro- Commissioning and Optimization Project
- Cox Enterprises Golden Isles Conservation Center
- Dell Dell Ocean Plastics Packaging
- Disney Disney Smart Packaging Initiative
- The Dow Chemical Company Hefty Energy Bag Program
- EcoEnergy Reducing Energy Consumption for Home Depot
- Electronic Recyclers International e-cycleNYC
- Fetzer Vineyards Regenerating Winery Wastewater with the Help of Worms and Microbes
- Fuel Cell System Manufacturing, LLC Fuel Cell System Manufacturing
- General Motors General Motors’ Do Your Part Water Bottle Recycling Initiative
- KB Home 2016 Greenbuild KB Home ProjeKt
- Panasonic Peña Station NEXT Solar+Storage Microgrid
- Resolute Forest Products Mission Accomplished for Toundra Greenhouse
- Samsung Electronics America Climate Superstars Challenge – Samsung Builds Energy and Environmental Education and Awareness for Torch Club Members of the Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Schneider Electric Shedd Aquarium: Building Analytics In and Out of Water
- SIP Certified SIP Certified
- Sphera Solutions Santee Cooper Integrated EMIS
- Timberland Timberland X Thread: Delivering Good with Every Fiber
Here are comments from the judges about some of the entrants:
Aries Clean Energy: "This could be a wonderful model for the rest of the world. They are using systems thinking to reduce waste, produce renewable energy, capture heat that normally would be wasted, and also producing biochar, which has great agricultural benefits."
EcoEnergy: "This project delivered significant business value for Home Depot. It goes beyond traditional energy management by taking an enterprise view of managing the operational performance of electromechanical assets across the network."
Dow: "The project addresses a problem we have today: what to do with certain types of plastic packaging materials that can’t be recycled like other types of plastic. The initiative is impressive and well-executed."
Schneider Electric: "The application of building analytics demonstrates the opportunity to retrofit historical buildings with state-of-the-art systems that can deliver energy and financial results. The experience in one of the largest indoor aquariums in the world could be replicated by peers."
For more information click here to download the special report: 2017 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards (PDF).