HI GUYS!!! It’s Amy, and I’m going to talk (well, write) fast and potentially (but hopefully not too) sloppily and just kind of all over the place. I’m trying to get this written AND posted in twenty minutes, because for some reason my mom has decided that this school year, she’s going to be stricter about bedtimes and take all phones, etc. away- “docking”, as she calls it- at 9:00. BUT MOOOOOOOOOM. I DO ALL OF MY BEST THINKING AT 2 AM. *cue squiggly mouth* Mom is not a push-over. So basically, if this post is published on the 24th, I didn’t make the time limit. Oops. ANYHOO. LET’S GET STARTED.
BASICALLY. This is a post that is KIND OF about procrastination, KIND OF about not procrastinating, KIND OF helping me procrastinate, and KIND OF telling myself not to procrastinate. Anyhoo. I’M DOWN TO FIFTEEN MINUTES OMIGOSH I’M PROCRASTINATING IN MY POST ABOUT NOT PROCRASTINATING. *shrinks* LET’S DO A LIST. HOW COULD I POSSIBLY MESS UP A LIST.
Pieces of Brain Vomit. In No Particular Order.
- Ew. Gross image. In any case, I want to first tell you all about two amazing read-a-thons that are happening VERY SOON. The awesome person (Kati) at To Be Read is hosting Read to Bingo. You can see the sign-up/informative post by clicking on the name. I am HOPING to participate. It’s super fun… And exactly what it sounds like. She’s created a little 9-square bingo, and the goal is to fill as many squares as possible. It happens DURING #ReadThemAllThon, so I’m trying to double up books, etc., and hopefully get that TBR posted very soon.
- The next read-a-thon is the Tackle Your TBR Read-a-Thon. It ALSO looks super fun, but as of yet I’m not exactly positive whether I’ll be able to join. I hope to, though! Crossing my fingers!
- Instead of a read-a-thon, this is more of a “blog-a-thon”- Blog Ahead is a month (October) of scheduling as many posts as possible. 30 is the general goal. I mean, that’s crazy. In a good way. I LIKE. I AM JOINING. THIS IS MY OFFICIAL SIGN-UP. I especially want to focus on Recently Finished Fridays, requested reviews, and discussions during this time! That’s not for a while, though, so I’m sure you’ll all be seeing more updates as it gets closer to the start date.
- I think I said something recently about falling into the pit of MissFenderr’s videos. She’s a (fairly famous) YouTuber (who is totally awesome) who talks about all kinds of things, from cats to makeup to being bi. And vegan. And she’s SO HILARIOUS. Aaaaaaaand she made a video about her favorite books. AND WE LIKE THE SAME KIND OF CREEPY BOOKS. AND THE BOOK THIEF IS HER ALL-TIME FAVORITE. THIS IS ONE OF MY NEW FAVORITE VIDEOS BY HER. So, you know… GO WATCH IT. RIGHT NOW. I PURPOSELY MADE THE LINK VERY BIG. THIS POST WILL STILL BE HERE WHEN YOU GET BACK.
- Sooooooo yesterday I got super excited because someone my age told me that they had published three books. So of COURSE, I had to go home and check out the first one. Well. It took me a while, but eventually I was able to find it. And I was very disappointed… Because she had “published” them on Wattpad! Don’t get me wrong, I was still impressed, and the book sounds quite interesting, but I was a little bit annoyed because HELLO. NOT PUBLISHED. SORRY. YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME IT WAS ON WATTPAD AND I STILL WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPRESSED. In any case, this is her book- it’s called The Story We Live, and it looks super interesting, so I hope to read it sometime soon!
- And finally, at dinner last night, I was eating with my family and my brother started talking about this procrastination video that one of his teachers had shared, and it sounded super interesting, so he showed it to us on his phone. It was SO COOL. And pretty hilarious, too. I mean, the data and drawings are just spot-on. So I looked it up later to share with you all! It’s a TED talk by Tim Urban, and totally worth watching.
- Then (of course, because it’s YouTube, and YouTube is like a ginormous vacuum), I saw a link on the “suggested” side that looked super interesting, so I clicked on it. AND IT WAS SO HILARIOUS. This guy decided to reply to a spam email. And the conversations are just so priceless.
- And THEN, I clicked on ANOTHER link about the power of introverts, and I just loved it so much. This woman is an introvert, and she’s explaining why introverts are so important and why we all need to be alone a little more. And she’s an avid reader. And mentions books. Frequently. TIS A GOOD COMBO.
- ALSO. I HAVE DEFINITELY NOTICED THE FOLLOWER COUNT. DON’T YOU ALL GO THINKING I’M AN UNGRATEFUL LITTLE THING. I AM NOT. NIKKI AND I HAVE BIG PLANS. GENIUS PLANS. IT SHALL MAKE UP FOR EVERYTHING. HOPEFULLY. I AM ALSO HOPING IT COMES IN THE NEXT CENTURY.
- Finally, I’ve made a little headway since I last updated you all on my #ReadThemAllThon progress, and I WANT TO review them. Just haven’t gotten around to it yet. I’ve been way too busy doing important things like
YouTube and Netflixschool! In any case, what I said about a lot of reviews should still hold true until the end of the read-a-thon. But of course, I’ll keep you updated!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and that it was a refreshing new format/style of post! Let me know if you’re participating in any of these read-a-thons (or the blog-a-thon if that’s the case) or what you thought of any of the other bullets! Let me know what you thought of the post down in the comments! You all know I love those. Hope you’re all doing well! Toodles!