Hey guys, it’s Amy! Yesterday, I talked about a BUNCH of read-a-thons, including Read to Bingo. It starts in two days, so I quickly got together my TBR and I’ve doubled up as many books as possible (that are left) from my #ReadThemAllThon TBR, so hopefully I will get to those!
Kati @ To Be Read created this lovely idea, and she calls it…
Read to Bingo is exactly what it sounds like: you make a TBR according to the prompts inside the squares, and try to get as many bingos as you can! Of course, 9 books in 7 days is a lot for anyone, so everyone should set their own individual goals. Basically, I’ve made a bingo sheet to match Kati’s, with 9 different books. I’ll just pick one of the nine, in whatever order I feel like, and try to get as many as possible! Without further ado….
- Where Futures End by Parker Peevyhouse- I saw this book in a bookstore while I was on vacation in Nashville, and OH MY GOSH. DOES THIS BOOK. LOOK AMAZING. IT’S BEAUTIFUL. AND THAT SYNOPSIS. I GOT GOOSEBUMPS AND I JUST HAD TO BUY IT.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- I’ve actually had this book for a while! A friend gave it to me for my birthday a couple of years ago, and I started to read it, but was soon spoiled (the big one) by another friend. I just haven’t gotten around to finishing it (this is also for the #ReadThemAllThon challenge, linked above).
- Talon by Julie Kagawa- I LOVED the Immortal Rules series (it was actually the book that got me into the YA genre and our first ever review and post on this blog!), and I simply have not gotten around to this book. But dragons. But overwhelming TBR! But DRAGONS!!!
- Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier- I just recently bought this at a used bookstore that I was able to find a little ways away from me; my grandparents, my mom, and I went on a little day trip and stopped at a couple of bookstores, and this was the one at the used bookstore that caught my eye. It looks super interesting, and it’s been on my TBR for AGES.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater- I’ve actually already read this one (and it was AMAZING), but it’s the group book, and I’m not sure yet whether I can read the second book (which I haven’t gotten around to) in its place.
- Old Yeller by Fred Gipson- This book is also on my #ReadThemAllThon TBR, and it’s SO short, SO sad-looking, and SO loved by EVERYONE. Including one of my best friends. Who keeps telling me to read it. Repeatedly. I think she enjoys watching me suffer.
- Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell- I got this book in the same AREA as Ruby Red, but at a different bookstore; it was in the bargain book section of a REALLY big, REALLY awesome store, and it was two dollars! Two! Dollars! What! I’d heard of it before, and I LOVE the idea, so of course it was on my TBR already, and I repeat! Two! Dollars!
- Splintered by A.G. Howard- This is actually the September group book for Reading in Wonderland (whose Instagram and Goodreads group are linked in their respective names)! I’ve actually always wanted to be a part of a book club, so I try to take part in things like this any chance I get. I needed a fairy tale retelling, and none of the other books (I mean, there’s so many) I have lying around seem to fit the bill. So…. I’m going to hope that this one goes fast enough that I can finish it in two days or less!
- All Four Stars by Tara Dairman- Last, but not least. If this isn’t yellow, I literally do not have a yellow book. At all. Anywhere. Nowhere to be found. So it shall work for me! Basically, this book has been highly recommended by a few people to me, and it looks super cute (it is a middle grade/children’s book, though), so when I saw it on Book Outlet… I simply couldn’t resist.
That’s it for my TBR! I can’t WAIT for Read to Bingo to start, and you can be sure that I’ll be participating in as many reading sprints as possible, and WAAAAAAAYYY overusing the hashtag. There’s still time to sign up, and of course I (and I’m sure Kati) would LOVE to see you there! Toodles!
Are you planning on participating as well? Are you going to sign up? Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Are they on your TBR? Do you like my edit? Just say hi! I don’t bite, and I love comments!