Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Louise Buckley of Zeno Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Louise: Before joining the Zeno Agency (a London-based agency) in early 2016, Louise spent six years working as an editor for Pan Macmillan and Dorling Kindersley Publishers. Find her on Twitter: @LouiseMBuckley.
(Writer’s Digest asked literary agents for their best pieces of advice. Here are their responses.)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
She is seeking: In fiction, Louise is looking for compelling protagonists, protagonists that know what they want. She is also looking for novels that ask important questions in a bold and imaginative way. She loves reading all genres, from action-packed thrillers and cozy crime novels, to high-concept science fiction or emotionally powerful young adult. She loves reading epic historical fiction and anything with magic. (See a list of her favorite books online.)
She is not looking for children’s picture books, poetry, or nonfiction.
How to submit: E-mail the the first three chapters, a synopsis, and a cover letter. Put “SUBMISSION [title of novel] by [name]” in the subject line and email it to info [at] zenoagency.com. Address Louise by name in the salutation.
(Everything you need to know about signing with a new/newer literary agent.)
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- May 14, 2016: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- June 4, 2016: The Writers’ Conference of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH)
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.
This post first appeared on Write Better, Get Published, Be Creative | Writers, please read the originial post: here