Here’s this month’s selection of What Ifs to stimulate your brain – what can you do with these? Some of them are deliberately vague or ambiguous so you can interpret them in different ways!
There’s one for each day of the month. If you need more please take a look at our Book The Fastest Way to Get Ideas – 4,400 Essential What Ifs for Writers.
1. you decided to live the millionaire lifestyle, even though you weren’t one (yet)?
2. the police asked you to help them set a trap for one of your colleagues?
3. there was no definitive way of spelling words?
4. you were in love with an alien that had come to destroy us?
5. you were seriously injured in the line of duty, but your employer refused to support you?
6. your call for volunteers produced unexpected results?
7. you wrote a book that Contained information people weren’t supposed to know?
8. you finally felt that you were making progress?
9. you always made the most of every situation?
10. you finally stopped being disappointed (in yourself or someone else) and became impressed with the change or progress?
11. you couldn’t help but smile?
12. you decided to save a language that was about to become extinct, even though you didn’t speak it yourself?
13. you could hire someone else to exercise for you?
14. everyone worked for free?
15. you were admired for your arrogance?
16. you accepted a job offer but were never given a starting date?
17. you didn’t listen?
18. all your money was missing?
19. no one would/could give you a straight answer?
20. no one was to blame?
21. wood couldn’t be used for anything ?
22. you came up with an unusual way of getting people to leave you alone?
23. your boss didn’t believe you were really sick?
24. you faked your death and went to your funeral in disguise?
25. everyone was identical?
26. people criticised your Sordid past – yet it wasn’t sordid at all?
27. you weren’t allowed out on your own?
28. your last will and testament contained a series of practical jokes?
29. your reward came sooner than you expected?
30. everyone gasped when you walked into the room?
31. you lived in a place that had no name?
Become a lifetime member of ideas4writers
and get all 40+ of our ebooks for just £49.95
Price if purchased individually: £214.56
Click here to find out more or email us to ask a question
ideas4writers: inspiring you since 2002
This post first appeared on The Official Ideas4writers Blog | Writing, Publish, please read the originial post: here