I was going through English Audiobooks available for review on Netgalley when I saw the title "The Cul-de-Sac War" by Melissa Ferguson. The very first thing I checked was the language settings in Netgalley. Then I google the word "Cul-de-sac", what I gauged from the title was the book must be around neighbors. And that was described in the blurb. Based on these few things, I applied for the review copy in exchange for an honest review, and luckily I won it. So here I am discussing the sweet love story.
Written in settings of a cure rom-com (you may say sitcoms), the story revolves around the personal & professional lives of Bree & Chip. I don't want to discuss the plot once again as the blurb is more than enough. Let me talk about things I liked about the story
1. Pranks between Bree & Chip
2. Gentleness of Chip in all situation never losing his temper
3. Characters of the girlfriend of Chip & boyfriend of Bree. Both were caring and marriage material.
4. Fun-filled incidents ( I know the very first point was a prank, but I feel I should mention it)
Coming towards good points about the book
1) Light read
2) Language is easy and age-appropriate
3) The pace of the story is fast and will maintain
4) To the point story
Overall I enjoyed listening to this book. The book deserves 3.75 stars out of 5.