Start: April 15, 2017 - Ends: July 31, 2017
Basic Rules & FAQ
* Players keep track of their own game board and bank! Feel free to set up a discussion in the Bingo group to track, if you feel that will be helpful.
* Every player leaves the Start space with $20.00.
* Dice rolls are based on the honor system. You can either Roll virtual dice or you can roll real dice at home. You will either roll two 6-sided dice or one 12-sided die. Up to you!
* Virtual dollars are awarded based on the page length of the qualifying Book, as follows:
0 to 100 pages: $1.00
101 to 200 pages: $2.00
201 to 400 pages: $3.00
401 to 800 pages: $5.00
over 801 pages: $10.00
*Players are eligible to roll only on odd-numbered dates.
*Like in monopoly, you can play through a space without reading a book to fill the task, the only rule is that you have to wait until the next roll date to move (so, the next odd numbered day, which is going to be either one or two days) However, if you choose to read for a space, you can't move until you finish the book and bank your payout.
*The one exception to the "you must finish the book before you move on rule" is that audiobook listeners may have one audiobook in progress while they continue moving around the board. You don't bank your payout until you finish listening.
*If you HATE your book, here's what you do! DNF's are absolutely allowed. You can count the # of pages read to get your payout - so if you read 120 pages before DNF'ing, you get $2.00 for your bank. The only caveat is that you have to read 10% of the book to get any payout.
*Game play will start on April 15th and end on July 31st, 2017.
*I will set up a Q&A thread in the Bingo group. Please post questions in that thread!
*Where a task refers to genre tags, this is based on GR genre tags. If you don't have a GR account, and can't get into a book page to determine if it has the required genre tags, you can post the question in Q&A. In addition, the genre tag does not need to be one of the book page tags - it can be on the first page of the "top shelves" if the book has a lot of shelvings.
*On the final day of game play, players need to submit the value of their bank accounts to be considered for prize money.
Go to jail: Go to jail. Serve a sentence of 300 pages (or pay the equivalent bail of $3.00), unless there are enough pages in the prison library to spring you.
Jail visitor: Donate 300 pages to the prison library before leaving the space.
Free parking: roll the dice. Odd number sends you to the waterworks, even number sends you to the electric company, doubles sends you to the luxury tax.
Read a book with water on the cover, or where someone turns on the waterworks (i.e., cries) because of an emotional event.
Read a book where a main character is in STEM, or where the author's first and last name contain all of the letters in "Tesla".
Read a book where someone gets married, with jewelry on the cover, or where any character is a millionaire/billionaire!
Roll the electronic dice, and perform the task that corresponds to your roll!
1. Let a BL friend choose your book! Post a list of 4 books - first one to comment chooses your next read.
2. Give $5.00 to another player. If you don't have $5.00, roll again!
3. Let a BL friend choose your next ride! Post your plight, and see where the first person sends you!
4. You are in time out for two days. Wait for your chance to roll again.
5. Collect $10.00 for yourself and one other player!
6. It's your lucky day! Read any book for your next turn regardless of the task instructions!
7. Double your dollars on your next read!
8. Read in the wild! Take your book with you and find a place to read that isn't your living room for an hour!
9. Post a picture or a story about a favorite vacation spot!
10. Go to jail. Go to jail. Serve a sentence of 300 pages (or pay the equivalent bail of $3.00), unless there are enough pages in the prison library to spring you!
11. Read for two! The rewards for your next book are doubled - and half of the money goes to another player of your choice!
12. Let the wheel decide - spin the wheel to pick your next "land" and choose any property in the land for your next book!
You are welcome to play along.. if you want to.
I want to thank Midnight and OM for creating this game.
Please read my NRC Policies Page. Follow NRC: | Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Goodreads | Google + | Smashwords | Fictfact | Riffle | Linkedin | Sign up for NRC Newsletter |