Today, I want to talk about blog organisation. It's something I've been pretty terrible at, mainly due to working shifts that are never the same. It's difficult to schedule my blogging time and getting things done when my work patterns are different every week. A lot of the time, my blog has just been review after review, because although I can't have a fixed blog writing schedule, I still read, so by the time I do get to blog, another book is ready to be reviewed.
I do want to try and be more organised though, and with my re-read of Harry Potter and not reviewing them, the time I did get for blogging was used for other posts, which I meant I was able to schedule some posts in advance - unusual for me. I want to try and keep this up and have a set schedule of days I blog on, with a variety of posts. To help me get more organised, I've started experimenting with a bullet journal, which I have found to be really helpful; I can fill in a calendar of each month of what posts go where that I can actually look at and visualise, I can jot down blog post ideas as I get them, and I can keep on top of what posts I need to write by when. But it's still a case of trial and error.
It's been working fairly well so far, but I still work weird shift patterns, and I'm sure there's going to come a point when I don't get something written in time, what with life; cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, socialising, spending time with the family, other hobbies/activities I enjoy, and so on. There are certain times of the day, when I'm off, when I can fit blogging in, but otherwise, I have other things to do. But I work part-time, so I have more time than most to do everything - and yet still I struggle.
We all have busy lives in our own way. There are bloggers who are students, work part time jobs on top of being a student, work full time jobs, are parents, are stay-at-home parents, home school their children, and so on, on top of everything else I've mentioned. We're busy. So, as I'm trying to sort out a schedule for blog posts going live around my weird life schedule, experimenting with different things and finding what works for me, I wanted to ask how you keep organised with your blog?
- Firstly, how busy are you? Have a full time job? Are a parent? Etc.?
- Do you have a set schedule for your blog? Do you post on certain days of the week every week? Or do you post a number of times a week, on any day? Or do you not have a fixed schedule at all?
- How do you keep yourself organised around normal life? When do you blog? Do you carve out a certain time of the week/day for blogging? Do you blog when you get the chance?
- When it comes to certain books which the publisher is asking to be reviewed by a certain date, or blog tours, how do they effect your schedule? Do they change when you post? And if so, do they change when you blog?
- How about using social media related to book blogging?
- Twitter: Do you set time aside for tweeting? Do you schedule your tweets, and if so, what sites do you use? What are your thoughts on scheduling tweets for older posts? Do you take part in Twitter chats? Anything else related to using Twitter for book blogging? How often do you tweet (tweets specifically related to your blog, not other tweets)?
- Instagram: Are you a bookstagrammer? How do you organise your time for taking photos? Do you take photos each day, or do you have a photoshoot? Do you take part in bookstagram challenges? How often do you post on Instagram?
- Other social media you use for blogging: What do you use? How do you use it? How do you schedule your time? Etc.
- Anything tips/advive you have related to keeping organised as a book blogger?
If you enjoyed this post, feel free to follow me on:
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Goodreads