“Relaxed Trou-Aux-Biches and the neighbouring village of Mont Choisy are fast-developing tourist destinations full of people seeking better beaches than Grand Baie while staying nearby for activities and restaurants.
Trou-Aux-Biches (The Deer’s Watering Hole) enjoys gorgeous white-sand beaches shaded by casuarina trees, continuing almost unbroken to sleepy Mont Choisy, a charming spot with more great beaches leading up along the gently curving bay to Pointe aux Canonniers, one of the most fashionable spots in the country with a great selection of accommodation and dining options.
The lagoon, sheltered from the prevailing winds, provides great swimming, while the variety and abundance of marine life coupled with good visibility makes for some excellent snorkelling and diving.
There’s no doubt that the ongoing development boom here has rather robbed the area of its quiet, unspoilt feel, but it’s still cheaper and far less hectic than Grand Baie. Even the beaches are pleasantly uncrowded during the week, although there’s fierce competition for picnic spots at weekends.
Getting there and around
- Trou-Aux Biches and Mont Choisy are served by non-express buses running between Port Louis’ Immigration Square bus station and Cap Malheureux via Grand Baie. There are bus stops about every 500m along the coastal highway.
- A taxi to Grand Baie costs around Rs 200, to Port Louis Rs 300 and to the airport Rs 900. A return trip to Pamplemousses, including waiting time, should be in the region of Rs 500.” Source: Lonely Planet Guide
- “Trou aux Biches…splendid Hindu temple” Source: Mauritius Delight
- As an alternative to say, Africa, the Algarve, Majorca or Tuscany, Mauritius (Maurice) is now generally regarded as one of the best areas for travel and tourism in the world.
- The western coast in particular, offers white, sandy, tropical beaches flanked by beautiful coral lagoons, spectacular volcanic mountain scenery, tropical fauna and flora and an all-year-round sunny climate (annual temperatures varying from about 26 - 30 degrees C.) making this area an ideal choice for your Holiday of a lifetime!
- Just imagine chilling out on the beach or under the filao trees…or trying
- water sports
- banana boat rides
- scuba diving (training and qualifications available)
- horse riding
- enjoying the nightlife and great hospitality…barbeques and sega dancing on the beach, awesome extinct volcanic mountains, sugar cane plantations, colonial history, hot sunny days…the list seems endless and you'll want to come back for more!
- Many excellent, self catering apartments for rent or vacation rentals now offer a great alternative to the more expensive hotel resorts on the island.
- They offer better value for money than best hotel deals in Mauritius, budget or cheap hotels, beach accommodation rentals or holiday homes in the form of fully furnished apartments or villas at a fraction of the cost.
- With relatively lower rental rates they have opened the door to more visitors being able to afford to stay and benefit the island’s economy.
- The bus service is Government-subsidized and a very low-cost way of travelling around but not very comfortable!
- Or if you are more interested in the history and culture of Mauritius you can explore the island's turbulent colonial past and diversity of people.
- You will see dramatic rolling landscapes of sugar cane rising to meet the awe-inspiring mountains in the Black River Gorge, declared a national park in 1997 as Le Morne on the coast, visible from many miles is a poignant reminder of the precarious sanctuary of runaway slaves.
Anitas Affordable Apartments Bookstore
Books and FREE Ebooks
Books and E-Books Borrow or Buy
1. Budget Vacations Europe
2. Adventure Vacations Canada
3. Historical Fiction
5. Personal Journals
6. Photographs Nain Tourism Nunatsiavut, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
7. Vacations Canada
9. Self-catering Accommodation Mauritius
10. Volunteering, Voluntary Service Overseas, VSO
1. Budget Vacations Europe
Photographs of Rome Italy
Photographs of Rome Italy consists of 100 coloured photographs taken from 10-17 October 2004 which emphasise the ancient history of the city. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN/EAN13:1481018698 / 10:9781481018692
Malaga -Torremolinos Spain
https://www.amazon.com/Malaga--Torremolinos-Spanish-Budget-Holiday/dp/1468040332/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1341999427&sr=1-13 Malaga -Torremolinos A Spanish Budget Holiday. Photographs of a budget-based Spanish holiday and useful background information about Malaga -Torremolinos situated on the Costa del Sol, Spain. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN-13: 978-1468040333 ISBN-10: 1468040332
https://www.amazon.com/Nice-France-Holiday-short-break-Illustrated/dp/1468045474/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1341997755&sr=1-20 https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/247374 Nice France Holiday [English Edition]
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/247425 Nice France Holiday Un Presupuesto Corto Descanso [Spanish Edition] Nice France Holiday. Brighten-up your days and nights by enjoying all the Fun of the Carnival along the Promenade Anglais; the Flower Market; Parcs; Harbour and Old Nice in this most enjoyable, whistle-stop tour of a short-break budget holiday in Nice, France. Llewelyn Pritchard MA. ISBN-13: 978-1468045475 ISBN-10:1468045474
Pope John Paul II, Vatican City
Pope John Paul II Colour photographs of John Paul II within Vatican City including his Apostolic Blessing; Swiss Guards; St. Peter’s Square; Papal Basilica of Saint Peter in the Vatican. Also includes St. Peter’s Square as a place of holy pilgrimage; works of art, sculptures, architecture; views of Rome from the Dome of St. Peter’s Church and Face of Jesus Rome, Italy 10-17 October 2004. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN/EAN13: 1481011987 / 9781481011983
Beautiful Bude! Cornwall England UK
Beautiful Bude! Great Beaches, History and Awesome Rocks: A charming family seaside resort in South-West England UK [Paperback]
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beautiful-Great-Beaches-History-Awesome-ebook/dp/B01N2KH1UT/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1481123782&sr=1-2&keywords=beautiful+bude%21 [E-Book] A selection of 157 colour images with useful tourist information including free things to see and do in "Beautiful Bude! Great Beaches, History and Awesome Rocks: A charming family seaside resort in South-West England UK" - one of the sunniest places in the country and named as The Best UK Coastal Resort by The British Travel Awards in 2015.
Biarritz France Holiday
https://www.amazon.com/Biarritz-France-Holiday-short-break-Illustrated/dp/1468031937/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1341997462&sr=1-4 Biarritz France Holiday. A Rambler’s tour of the famous French resort of Biarritz situated on the Atlantic coastline of Europe. The tour explores the many reasons behind the growth of Biarritz including the area’s historical links with Newfoundland, Labrador, Canada and includes diary notes, colour photographs plus Canadian-based research about its Basque - Newfoundland, Labrador, whaling and cod-fishing heritage. Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN-13: 978-1468031935
Bristol UK Aerial Photographs and Tourist Attractions
https://www.amazon.com/Bristol-Aerial-Photographs-Tourist-Attractions/dp/1493540793 Bristol UK Aerial Photographs and Tourist Attractions (Front Cover view of the Floating Harbour, Bristol City Centre looking in a south-easterly direction.) Llewelyn Pritchard MA ISBN-13: 978-1493540792 ISBN-10: 1493540793
Fatima Portugal Holiday
https://www.amazon.com/Fatima-Portugal-Holiday-Experience-Illustrated/dp/1468032658/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341998098&sr=1-1 Fatima Portugal Holiday: A Quite Amazing Experience. Unwind, Relax and Refresh Yourself. Discover ‘The Message of Fatima’ for yourself, in your own way and how its acceptance may change your way of life at this place of holy pilgrimage in northern Portugal. Llewelyn Pritchard MA. ISBN-13: 978-1468032659 ISBN-10: 1468032658
https://www.amazon.com/Geneva-Switzerland-Holiday-Illustrated-Pritchard/dp/1468039261/ref=la_B0061KYLG2_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1341998389&sr=1-7 Geneva Switzerland Holiday. A collection of colour photographs, including Le Jet d’Eau, Sculptures in Parks, Botanical - Sensory Gardens and those taken from a boat trip on Lake Geneva whilst on a budget short-break holiday. Llewelyn Pritchard MA. ISBN-13: 978-1468039269
Having Fun over Bristol, World Capital of Hot Air Ballooning
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Having-Bristol-Capital-Ballooning-ebook/dp/B00CWJM2YO/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_t_1_GV1Z Having Fun over Bristol, World Capital of Hot Air Ballooning: How many of these sights can you identify? A hot air balloon ride over Bristol including forty panoramic, colour photographs. Taking-off in the early morning from Ashton Court Estate, west of the city and landing near Pucklechurch to the east. Our flight lasted for about 1 hour and was wonderful value-for-money. Llewelyn Pritchard MA ISBN-13: 978-1489517999 ISBN-10: 1489517995
Laruns Village France
Laruns Village, French Holiday in the beautiful Valley D’Ossau - Gateway to the awesome Pyrenees Mountains on the border of France and Spain…The beautiful Village of Laruns (525 m. altitude 1425 population) nestles in the Valley D’Ossau in the centre of the Pyrenees National Park: Surrounded by spectacular gorges, mountain streams and awesome mountains it is a great base for a walking and hiking holiday (probably the best way to see the area.) Llewelyn Pritchard M.A. ISBN-13: 978-1468046052 ISBN-10: 1468046055
Majorca Spain Holiday
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/277496 [English Edition]