Sometimes I feel like we forget to appreciate the little things in life. We get so caught up on grandeur that we tend to forget that often it’s the simplest of things that can make us smile. Something as simple as being surprised with a cup of coffee in the afternoon while swimming in paperwork can do serious wonders to the mood.
Personally, I really appreciate small gestures. And that is why today I’m going to share with you a little recipe that you can make as a little surprise treat for someone you love. It doesn’t require a lot of work and doesn’t require a lot of hard-to-find ingredients, but the best part is that it looks super fancy.
I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who hasn’t smiled at the sight of tiramisu.
So this particular recipe isn’t a traditional tiramisu in the sense that it doesn’t use the expensive mascarpone cheese. It uses cream cheese instead, which is easier to find in normal grocery stores. As you know, tiramisu is built using ladyfingers or broas dipped in coffee, and today we will be using Jimm’s Cafe Clara for that.
I wrote a review on Jimm’s Cafe Clara last week and even added some interesting tidbits about its herbal component called the Maca Extract, so I decided to try it out in a recipe. Inspired by the romantic packaging of the Cafe Clara, I wanted to do something that would be perfect for a date-night right at home.
Of course, I wanted it to be something super easy and quick to make, so that absolutely anyone, even those without master-chef skills, can make it for their loved one.
It’s literally a series of mixing and then layering, then you just pop this in the fridge early in the day and you’ll have a dessert fit for a romantic evening! Go all out with the candles if you want. 😉
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 Tablespoons Cafe Clara coffee granules
- 5 to 6 ladyfingers or broas
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup cold heavy cream (cold all-purpose cream should work too)
- 4 Tablespoons sugar, divided use
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1. In a small bowl, stir together the hot water and Cafe Clara coffee granules.
- 2. In another small bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 2 Tablespoons sugar until smooth.
- 3. In a separate medium bowl (preferably chilled), whisk the heavy cream with the last 2 Tablespoons sugar and vanilla extract, until soft peaks form. (It will take about 1 minute by hand.) Fold in the sweetened cream cheese, being careful to maintain the fluffy texture of the mixture.
- 4. Prepare your two serving glasses. (I used an 8-ounce Ball mason jar.) Break the broas into sizes that will fit your glasses. Dip the cookies one piece at a time into the coffee, making sure not to dip for longer than 2 seconds on each side to stop it from being soggy. Fit into the bottom of the serving glass.
- 5. Divide your cream mixture into six portions and scoop in the first portion on top of the broas. Use a sifter to sprinkle as much cocoa powder as you want on top. You have now completed your first layer! Repeat this process two more times, until you get three layers in total, but do not sprinkle the last layer with cocoa powder yet. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 6. Once ready to serve, take out from the fridge and sift some cocoa powder on top. Enjoy as a dessert with some Cafe Clara coffee on the side!
Jimm’s Cafe Clara is available in supermarkets, convenience stores and drug stores nationwide for an SRP of Php 16.00 per pack. You can learn more about Jimm’s Cafe Clara on their website, and while you’re at it, check out their Facebook page too!
Full disclosure: This is a sponsored post brought to you by Goldshine Pharmaceuticals, but all opinions stated above are my own.
The post Romance is in the air with this Easy Tiramisu for Two (feat. Jimm’s Cafe Clara) appeared first on The Tummy Train.