This is my 12th Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (NAS for short.) It’s my favourite sale of the year because it’s NEW season items that go on sale for a short period of time. Personally, I find the timing perfect because I’m done with Spring and Summer shopping by the middle of May and ready to think about my Autumn and Winter style in July. The ambiance is particularly fun when you live in Seattle, because Nordstrom is a Seattle company. I LOVE the NAS, and look forward to it every year.
Preselections for the sale are in full swing for Nordstrom card holders. I’ve been working around the clock with clients helping them refresh for the upcoming season, and it’s been fabulous. As always, my comprehensive top picks lists per wardrobe category will be posted just after midnight on Friday July 21st when the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is open to all. In the meantime though, here’s an early teaser. Thirty items across all price points that blew me away. They looked better in person and on people than they did on display. That’s why it’s very important to try things on, and get intel from others on how things fit, feel, look and drape! Generally, I was impressed with the level of quality this year, so you’ll hear me say that a lot. Some of the items are available in multiple colours, and in petite and plus sizes.
Note: Don’t worry if your size is temporarily sold out because some items will be restocked on Friday, AND sizes become available throughout the sale as returns are processed and items are removed from online shopping carts. Keep checking back on the items that tickle your fancy, because chances are high that your size will turn up over the next fortnight. Feel free to ask questions in the comments section if you’re unsure about any of the items, and I’ll do my best to help you out.
Also, check out the NAS category in the forum if you want to chat about all things sale related.
Here are my current top 30:
- Veronica Beard Benson Moto Jacket: A beautifully fluid moto with a good amount of tailoring. I love the luxe BLUE striped fabric, and graphic tipping. Incredible drape. Gorgeous back seaming. The intricate design detailing is impressive. Slanted pockets are flattering thereby drawing the eye to the waist without defining it. Impeccable quality. Has worked on a range of body types. Sharp.
- AllSaints Mast Crossbody Tote: Casaul Urban Tote Fabness.
- T Tahari Skylar Leather Moto Jacket: A dressier moto that looks best on those who can fill it out. The fit is GORGEOUS on a larger bust because it's magically streamlining - (thank you Tahari). Runs large. Impeccable quality. Rich and smart casual.
- CeCe Floral Scuba Sheath Dress: This dress surprised me because I thought it would be clingy. Yet, it's wonderfully forgiving on mid-section extra bits. You don't need to suck in your tummy because it holds you in. Crease-resistant. Fab on a larger bust. Size up a size. Dressy and fun.
- Eileen Fisher Leather Detail Wool Sweater Coat: Elegant Hard Edge. A slimming and heavy weight sweater coat. Camouflages muffin top. Looks best when the snaps are fastened. Works surprisingly well on a large bust and shorter neck. Runs at least a size big. Impeccable quality. Sharp.
- Ted Baker London Lizia Leather Biker Jacket: Gorgeous fit and floral lining with unique rose gold hardware. Fitted with amazing fluidity. Statement collar. Impeccable quality. Versatile.
- Alice + Olivia Jesse Lace Pullover: Best lace at the sale. Soft, refined, robust and thick. The two-toned effect of the blue and black is sublime. You have to wear a camisole, which showcases your shape and offsets its boxy silhouette. Solid back. Impeccable quality.
- Pendleton Paul Bunyan Plaid Wool Blend Barn Coat: Blue Bumble Bee Fabness. DARLING, and one of the best coats at the sale. Very unique, and a work of art. The leather trim around the collar and pockets is gorgeous. Fun red piping on the inside. Sufficiently oversized to fit chunky knitwear underneath. Very bold statement. Seams run off the shoulder making a very trendy statement. Impeccable quality.
- Classiques Entier Bell Sleeve Silk & Cashmere Sweater: Silk cashmere feels HEAVENLY against the skin. If you're after a pretty, form fitting black top that does not overwhelm a slim frame - try this top. Clingy, so not good for muffin top. The sleeves do not get crushed under a roomier coat. Ultra refined, and perfect with pearls. Dress it up or down. Impeccable quality.
- Veronica Beard Canteen Puff Sleeve Blouse: This shirt is a work of art. There are all sorts of insets and seams that you can't see in the photo that are sublime. The sleeves are architectural. The model is wearing a size too big, since it's more fitted in person. You have to be okay with the puffy sleeves. It has worked on both straight and curvy clients, AND on a larger bust. Fun back tailoring. Impeccable quality.
- Fuzzi Print Tulle Sheath Dress: An INCREDIBLE dress for a narrow body type. Tight but very comfortable. It's clingy, but drapes beautifully. The pattern and embroideries are stunning. Elegant length. Runs one to two sizes small. Impeccable quality
- Halogen Halogen Leather Cuff: Graphic arm candy that looks polished, professional and pretty despite the hard edge. All the colours and metals are fab.
- Hinge Butterfly Collage Square Silk Scarf: The pattern is a work of art in both colours. Beautifully drapey, silky and soft. Fun tassels.
- Halogen Pleated Scarf: A crystal pleated scarf is a better size than the average neckerchief. Amazing texture. All the patterns are fab.
- Halogen Halogen Scallop Edge Sweater: GREAT solid top for a smaller bust and/or longer neck. Super soft. Semi fitted but NOT clingy. the scalloped edges are divine. All the colours are nice. Might run a size small. XL is a good on a size 10/12.
- AGL Cap Toe Flat: Deluxe Pretty Flat Fabness. The metallic leather is sublimely subtle and cool-toned. Fab comfort when you don't need a lot of arch support. Works well on bunions.
- Argento Vivo Chain Ball Drop Earrings: Graphic big earrings that are more lightweight than they look. Dramatic.
- Trouvé Leopard Print Blazer: I couldn't believe this was not a designer item. AMAZING architectural silhouette from all angles. The inset peplum is a work of art. Beautifully made. Tailored in a cleverly fluid way. WOW.
- Halogen Kick Flare Knit Ankle Pants: Every client, across all body types, looked great in these cropped flares. The fit and very substantial fabric are magical because they mould to the body in a flattering way. Ideal for business casual. Not clingy. Forgiving and comfy. Good price. All the colours are nice.
- Aquatalia by Marvin K Genna Weatherproof Tall Boot: THE tall boot for narrow calves, but will only work on petites if you have relatively long legs. The pointy toe is an on trend update on the classic riding boot style. SUBLIME comfort if your foot is not too wide. Made in Italy and impeccable quality. 100% weatherproof. Equestrian Chic.
- Rebecca Taylor Tweed Peplum Jacket: GORGEOUS dressy peplum jacket that looks as good with jeans as it does with business casual bottoms. Works well on curvy and straighter body types. Dramatic size and back silhouette. Luxe textured fabric adds life to the grey. Impeccable quality.
- Earthies 'Essen' Ghillie Flat: Cutest casual flats at the NAS. Unique. Extremely comfortable, with excellent arch support. Can work for low and higher volume feet. Size up for wide feet. All the colours are nice.
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Hooded Quilted Coat: Casual Equestrian Fabness. A beautifully made quilted coat with waist definition and removable hood. Gorgeous cognac piping. Rich and classic. Runs a size big.
- SARTO By Franco Sarto Johanna Loafer: Super fun iridescent velvet loafers with tonal hardware. Comfortable. Runs half a size big. Comes in solid patent too. Versatile.
- Paul Green Logan Bootie: AMAZINGLY comfortable casual booties that mould to both a higher and lower volume foot. The grey is lighter and richer in person. I love the light sole and white stitching on the grey. All colours are nice.
- BLANKNYC Embroidered Faux Leather Moto Jacket: Super cute faux leather moto with gorgeous embroidery and tonal studs. Runs a size to two small. Very fitted.
- Louise Et Cie Fenn Lace-Up Oxford: Polished & Tailored Androgynous Fabness. Amazing textured leather, and very comfortable. Has worked well on both higher and lower volume feet. Sharp.
- Sam Edelman Faux Fur Collar A-Line Anorak: Fabulous cocoon anorak in a sour shade of olive. Voluminous yet structured in all the right places. It's lightly quilted so will work for Fall or a mild Winter. Roomy in the sleeves so great over chunky knitwear. Cosy and trendy. AMAZING dramatic funnel neck and faux fur trim. Will not work on a short neck.
- Halogen Asymmetrical Zip Boiled Wool Blend Coat: A wool coat that can be zipped up for structure or left unzipped for an avant-garde vibe. Sublime shade of teal. Has worked best on body types that can fill it out in the shoulders and/or bust. Runs big. All colours are fab.
- Rebecca Minkoff Leather Camera Bag with Guitar Strap: Chic cross-body or shoulder bag in a roomy size with fabulous interchangeable guitar strap. Impeccable quality. All colours are fab.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.
NOTE: Some rich content in this post was omitted because it isn't supported by the feed. Please visit the post on youlookfab.com to see the additional content.