Bobbi Brown’s next enterprise, an interesting initiative from Universal Standard, new appointments at Vogue, and more Fashion News that caught our attention in April.
- Edward Enninful is taking over from Alexandra Shulman as editor-in-chief of British Vogue.
- Meanwhile, Deena Aljuhani Abdulaziz has been replaced by Manuel Arnaut after only two issues at Vogue Arabia.
- Make-up pioneer Bobbi Brown has launched a concept shop featuring apparel, wellness products, and some beauty products that will appear in five different Lord & Taylor stores and also online.
- Starting this September, New York Fashion Week will go from an eight-day schedule to seven days of runway shows.
- With its University Fit Liberty programme, plus-size clothing brand Universal Standard is offering customers the opportunity to swap out previously purchased items of clothing for different sizes one year within originally purchasing them.
- Amazon has unveiled Echo Look, a camera meant to “help you look your best.” It gives feedback using Style Check, an app that uses an algorithm to compare and rate your outfit options.
- The “Irving Penn: Centennial” exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art is celebrating the work of the renowned photographer.
Fun Fashion Fact
It is said that the term “Canadian tuxedo” comes from the denim tuxedo jacket Levi’s made especially for Bing Crosby after he and a friend weren’t allowed to book a room at a Vancouver hotel because the actor was wearing a “dingy” denim jacket and jeans. Eventually he was recognized and they were allowed to stay the night. When Levi’s got word of the tale, they decided this wouldn’t happen again and created the special jacket for him.