I scored some big bags of mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cups on clearance at Target. After refilling my candy dish, I still had a lot of candy! I intended to make peanut butter cookies in my mini-muffin pans and use the Reese’s minis instead of chocolate stars, but I forgot I loaned out my mini-muffin pans and haven’t gotten them back yet.
When I saw these delicious looking Reese’s stuffed peanut butter cookies on Pinterest, I printed off the recipe to make only to read that that you have to chill the dough (it’s mandatory) and my lack of patience wouldn’t go for that. Then when I saw some photos and recipes for Reese’s peanut butter cupcakes, Tatym and I decided to make our own version of them!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
We mixed up a German Chocolate Cake Mix and made the batter according to the box directions. I believe any chocolate or Devil’s Food cake mix would work fine, but this is what we had on hand.
After placing the chocolate cake batter in the muffin pans, we pushed an unwrapped Reese’s peanut butter mini cup into each cupcake until it was covered. I love my silicone muffin pan!
After the cupcakes were cooled, we frosted them with peanut butter frosting and adorned the top with extra cut-up Reese’s mini cups.
Here’s a cut-in-half photo of the peanut butter cup cupcake. You can see that gravity pulled the Reese’s cup to the bottom of the cupcake.
The frosting was a tad thick for our pasty bag, so we ended up “patting” the frosting on the rest of the cupcakes, so they weren’t as pretty, but they still tasted mighty good!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe
- Chocolate Cake Mix + Ingredients needed according to box
- Reese’s mini peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup butter (margarine works, too)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 TBsp milk (can add more if needed)
- Mix chocolate cake mix according to package and put into muffin pan.
- Place unwrapped Reese’s peanut butter mini cup into each cupcake until covered.
- Bake according to directions on cake mix box.
- Mix frosting ingredients together.
- Frost cupcakes and adorn with additional cut-up Reese’s minis.
Have you made Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes yet? They are delicious!
The post Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes appeared first on Shopping Kim.