Spanish Sardines are a rich source of Omega-3 and protein which makes it a popular ingredient for many healthy recipes. In the Philippines, Spanish sardines are a go-to staple since you can easily buy them from your neighborhood convenience store.
It also helps that they come in many different flavors. Add veggies, mix and match it with the sardines and voila, you are on your way to a healthier you!
Many cookbooks in the Philippines, have Spanish sardines as an ingredient because it can complete simple and quick recipes for your household.
Want to try one out the next time you go to dinner? Read on below:
Sardine, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Bacon Club Sandwich
This healthy snack is perfect when you are rushing to the gym. Easy to make and packed with carbs, this sandwich will be the perfect partner in working out.
- Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, butter, and Tabasco in a medium bowl and mix it until it makes a medium paste. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Place slices of toasted bread and then spread an even amount of the tomato butter on each slice.
- Place 2 pieces of bacon the buttered sides.
- Top it with an arugula
- Then place a quarter of the sardines on top of each unbuttered sides
- Slice the sandwich in half and serve
You can serve this as a snack, an appetizer or a hearty main course meal.
The following recipe is good for two servings.
- Toss the Spanish sardines into a bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Finely chop peppers, celery, and carrots.
- Mix in Greek yogurt or mayonnaise, whichever you prefer. You can also opt to combine them both.
- For added flavor, add mustard, or sprinkle pickles, jalapeños, or paprika.
- Mix everything together
- You can also eat this with chips, crackers or even as a spread for your bread.
Spanish Sardines Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato and Chopped Olives
Pasta is low in sodium and cholesterol-free. It is a good source of essential nutrients including iron and several B-vitamins. Combine it with Spanish sardines and it is a recipe of pure healthy consumption.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- Place in a large mixing bowl when cooked
- Add Spanish sardines, chopped sun-dried tomato, chopped olives, crushed red pepper, parsley, and virgin olive oil
- Place the pasta and other ingredients in a pan. Heat the pan and toss. Cook for 3 minutes
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy
These Spanish Sardines recipe would climb the charts of your all-time favorite meals.
Not only are they delicious, they are packed with nutritional value as well. Easy and quick to make, you will be reading up on these recipes for most of your special occasions or even on ordinary days.
Try them to share with your family or friends or just as a sumptuous treat for yourself.