With summertime in full effect, the heat can indeed great pretty intense. This season can certainly be overwhelming, but instead of heading out to the nearest smoothie franchise here in the Philippines, you can try these simple recipes out here at home!
Green Tea, Blueberry, and Banana
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ medium-sized banana
- ¾ cup calcium fortified vanilla soy milk
- Microwave the water in a small bowl under high heat until steaming.
- Add tea bag and brew for 3 minutes.
- Stir honey into tea.
- Mix in the berries, bananas, and milk in a blender with ice.
- Add tea to the blender and blend ingredients on highest setting until smooth.
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- ¾ chilled almond or rice milk
- ¼ cup frozen cherries or raspberries
- 1 ½ tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients into blender.
- Blend under highest setting.
- Add lemon juice to fit preference.
- Blend and puree until smooth.
- Pour into 2 chilled glasses.
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 6 frozen strawberries
- Add the yogurt, banana, orange juice, and strawberries to the blender.
- Mix and blend for 20 seconds.
- Scrape the sides of the blender.
- Blend again for an additional 15 seconds.
Pineapple Passion Shake
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- Combine yogurt an ice cubes.
- Blend until the ice cubes are meshed into large chunks.
- Add the pineapple.
- Blend at ‘whip’ speed until appearing smooth and evenly mixed.
Strawberry and Kiwi Smoothie
- 1 ¼ cup of cold apple juice
- 1 ripe sliced banana
- 1 sliced kiwifruit
- 5 frozen strawberries
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- Mix the juice, banana, kiwifruit, strawberries, and honey.
- Blend until smooth and ingredients appear evenly spread out.
- Pour into glass and serve.
Banana and Blueberry Soy Smoothie
- 1 ¼ cup of light soy milk
- ½ cup of frozen loosely packed blueberries
- ½ sliced frozen banana
- 2 tsp of sugar or 2 packets of artificial sweetener
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Combine the milk, blueberries, banana, and sugar or sweetener.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Blend for about 20 to 30 seconds until smooth in appearance.
- Add an increment of up to ¼ cup of the milk if your preference is a smoothie with smoother texture.
The summer heat does not have to be brutal; it can definitely be enjoyed with the right means. Giving these simple smoothie recipes a go can make these hot summer afternoons an absolute blast for you and your friends. They may even be so good that you can branch out and set up your own smoothie franchise here in the Philippines.