Multi-billion Naira Calabar Light rail project, the first in Nigeria, would soon be inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The 12-car monorail system, when fully operational, would use an Intamin P8 electric powered passenger shuttle train to convey passengers from Tinapa Resort, across Lake Tinapa to Calabar International Conference Centre (CICC).
The monorail would also allow access to Studio Tinapa, Tinapa Shopping Centre and Tinapa waterpark as well as provide a quick alternative access to Summit Hills.
Each car is primed for seven to eight passengers all seated, while the train’s length, width and height are approximately 38, 1.95 and 2.2 metres, respectively.
Gov. Ben Ayade had recently told journalists in Calabar that Buhari would inaugurate the train to mark his first year in office.
Mr Mba Mba, the station’s Electrical Engineer, said the light rail project was completed in December last year.
“Right now, the Calabar Monorail is ready for use pending inauguration by appropriate authorities.
“We have test-run the system and confirmed its readiness. Gov. Ben Ayade was here with his team to see for himself what is on ground.
“Tourists troop here on daily basis to take a ride. But they were disappointed as they were turned back.
The light rail project has three stations, Tinapa, Tinapa Lakeside Hotel and the Calabar International Conference Centre.
More from WheyTinDey
- Reason why AMCON takes over Silverbird TV, Cinemas
- Prison suspends 14 staff for Kuje jailbreak
- J Martins with Two Hefty Body Guards During Nomoreloss Burial
- In Lagos Monorail Project Japan To Invest $1billion
- Dutse Alhaji /Dawaki Electricity Distribution Company And Consumers
- Buhari Has Another Theory For Fulani Herdsmen From Libya
- Officially Hillary Clinton Endorses By Obama
- Davido has a new girlfriend? (See Photos)
- Stephen Crabb and Sajid Javid launch joint bid for Conservative Party leadership
- Man Allegedly Killed By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen In Enugu.
- Ramesh Slowly Transforming Into A Stone Due To Skin Condition
- Wande Coal confirms collaboration with Davido
- (SNIPPET) Coming Soon Davido Set To Drop New Single
- Becareful And Be Watchful On Who So Ever You Keep Your Kids With – Pastor Insert Is Manhood On 7 Years Old Girl
- China sign N400m agreement on FCT projects
- Just 2yr old Boy Shoots his Mother While Driving After Finding Gun In The Back Seat
- 22 new Senior Advocates of Nigeria announced by the Supreme Court
- Reasons Why INEC postpones FCT area council elections
- Kerlon Reveals How Balotelli Peed On Boots
- The Public Accounts Committee orders arrest of auctioneer
- Ex-Zurich Insurance CEO Senn commits suicide
- Economy Really Affect Our Businesses – Jide Kosoko And Others Speaks
- [Audio] Shabba Noah – Give Ya’all
- CHECK OUT TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE BETWEEN ESTHER AND ODIGHA
- WHEYTINDEY PRESENT BEREBA DUMBARI RACHAEL AS FACE OF THE WEEK
- Nigerian Beauty Queen, Adaeze, Disgraced And Also Dethroned
- South-East APC Begs Labour To Suspend Planned Strike
- Gen. Mohammed Opposition Leaders Rejected Removal of Fuel Subsidy in 2012
- How Could A 29 Year Old Swallowed His Phone
- Governor Amosun Was Accused Of Criminal Violations
- Air Cote D’Ivoire commences flights to Abuja
- Murray Bruce Writes Open Letter To Nigerian
- To be honest !!! Ben Bruce deserves sympathy not mockery
- Buhari Will Not Die Now, But Will Not Return in 2019
- Bruce Tells FG To Pay Teachers Well Before Giving Students Biscuits”
- AM WALKING AWAY TFC FITNESS WALK TOUR
- Muslim Girl Wearing Hijab and Twerking Heavily
- Mr. Babatunde Fashola says Nigeria needs accurate census to plan effective power supply
- By 2018 IoT Will Overtake Mobile Phones
- Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Establishes New Division In Borno
- Malawi chief Theresa Kachindomoto is really working to stop child marriage as soon as possible
- 2016 budget: Buhari’s N500bn intervention fund not feasible
- Refinery: CBN Assures Dangote Of Support To Get FOREX
- Buhari meets Afghanistan president at Anti-corruption summit in London
- Kunlé Adeyemi has been awarded the Silver Lion for bringing his floating school to the Venice Biennale
- Steps I Took Before I Became King At The Age Of 23
- Lately Buhari agrees to fund Jonathan govt’s job initiative, Youwin
- President John Mahama:- Typically illegally or dishonestly, by a gift of money or other inducement from anyone
- President John Mahama- 5th Democracy In Africa Ghana ranked
- Breakfast SDG Meeting in Kigali Osinbajo, Ghanian President Share Compliment