he Director of Elections of the governing National Democratic Congress says President John Mahama is the only person capable of improving the economic fortunes of Ghana.
Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo says the President has demonstrated over the past three and a half years that he understands the challenges of Ghanaians and has shown the commitment to resolving them.
“Under President Mahama, Ghana has been touted to be the fastest growing economy for 2017,” he said.
NDC ‘Transformation Agenda’ campaign rally commences
The final campaign rally of the governing National Democratic Congress (NDC) has commenced at the Accra Sports Stadium, Monday.
The programme has been attended by thousands of NDC supporters, government functionaries, and party executives.
Former President Jerry John Rawlings is among a tall list of party bigwigs expected to address the crowd.
NDC flagbearer, President John Mahama will use the opportunity to make a convincing case before Ghanaians about why he deserves to be retained in office after Wednesday’s polls.
The NDC’s national campaign rally comes barely hours after the largest opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) held its rally at the Ghana International Trade Fair Center in Accra, Sunday.
The NDC has argued it has delivered on key sectors of Ghana’s economy for the past three and a half years of President Mahama’s tenure, hence it deserves another chance.
The President has mentioned a plethora of achievements including the recently commissioned, Kwame Nkrumah Interchange, Kasoa Interchange, completed 112 Community Day Senior High Schools (SHSs), and the creation of over 400,000 jobs in the country.
Considering his achievements, President Mahama said there is no need for Ghanaians to vote for the NPP.
According to him, voting for any of his political opponents in the coming polls will rob the country of the good things it stands to benefit from his government
More from WheyTinDey
- Happening Now – NDC holds final election 2016 rally
- At Ghana’s 59th Indece Day celebrations
- Why Commissioning of projects not abuse of incumbency – Kofi Adams
- New Patriotic Party undecided On IEA Debate Series
- NDC – Demostration Against Mahama In UK A Joke
- Will NPP Fix Ghana?
- Mahama Is A Bribe Taker – Sir John
- Court to rule on ECG interlocutory injunction case
- At IPAC Dead Parties Being Resurrected To Counter NPP
- Educated illiterates calling Bawumia names
- Ghana: Akufo-Addo Electricity is more expensive than rent under Mahama” –
- Why Attivor’s historical prison account was twisted
- Jose Mario Vaz Guinea-Bissau’s President sacks government
- Ghana: 15th Anniversary Of May 9 DISASTER
- Read What Kills Ghana President Mahama’s Mother
- Top NDC man drags Mahama to Antoa
- Tic Tac Ghana is bigger than every political party
- Ghana: NDC campaign cars hit streets in BA
- Ghana: Macho Men Assault Cop At Registration Centre
- President John Mahama- 5th Democracy In Africa Ghana ranked
- Comments over Mahama’s SOTN Address was for jokes
- APC Ready To Punish Tinubu Over His Role In Ondo Governorship Election (Read Details)
- DCOP Awuni laid to rest
- Otabil and Rev. Martey NDC boys threaten
- Ghana:- MP ‘named’ in JB murder; 3rd suspect grabbed
- The outlines vision for Ghana – Akufo Addo
- Ghana: Rebecca Akufo-Addo, NPP will do better for women
- Bawumia And All Other Muslims in NPP Are Fake Minister
- Reprimand NPP And Affiliate Groups
- Alban Bagbin dares Bawumia over $250m UBA deal
- Akufo-Addo- I Was Traumatized By Pepera’s Death
- PDP Spurns Buhari To Reconnoiter His Own Campaign Funds
- The Soldiers found guilty of assaulting teenager will not be sacked
- PDP National Secretariat in Abuja Police Seals It off
- Chamber of Commerce disagrees with the NLC – Abuja
- Ghana: Peace Council – We lack funding
- Maame Dokono I pity Nana Akufo-Addo
- Wow 3 members Of NPP Killed In Gory Accident
- Mikel named Team Nigeria captain to Rio
- Lydia Forson:- ‘Women Are Their Own Enemies’
- Edo State Government Releases Statement
- Gunmen kidnap APC chairman, secretary
- Impeachment: N’Assembly may take over Kogi Assembly
- Nigeria Labour Congress Set to Disobey Court’s Order, Vows to Go Ahead With Strike
- APC opens presidential nominations; forms go for GHC100,000
- [email protected]: CCG calls for collective responsibility for peace
- Lagos-Accra, Lagos-Abuja Operations- Arik Reaffirms
- Strika of ‘Beasts Of No Nation’ Fame Had Acted in A Foreign Production Before Starring in the Neflix Film
- Ghana mourns revered Ashanti queen
- Revert The Price Of Fuel To N86 Per Liter Or Prepare To Face A Nationwide Strike – NLC & TUC