Directions 1If A + B means A is the father of B.
If A × B means A is sister of B.
If A $ B means A is wife of B.
If A % B means A is mother of B.
If A ÷ B means A is the son of B.
1. What should come in place of question mark to establish that 'J is brother of T' in the expression?
J ÷ P % H ? T % L
4) Either ÷ or ×
5) Either + or ÷
2. Which of the given expression indicates that 'M is daughter of D'?
1) L % R $ D + T × M
2) L + R $ D + M × T
3) L % R % D + T ÷ M
4) D + L $ R + M × T
5) L $ D ÷ R % M ÷ T
3. Which of the following options is true if the expressions‚ 'I + T % J × L ÷ K' is definitely true?
1) L is daughter of T
2) K is son-in-law of I
3) I is grandmother of L
4) T is father of J
5) J is brother of L
4. Which of the following expressions is true if 'Y is son of X' is definitely false?
1) W % L × T × Y ÷ X
2) W + L × T × Y ÷ X
3) X + L × T × Y ÷ W
4) W $ X + L + Y + T
5) W % X + T × Y ÷ L
5. What should come in place of question mark to establish that 'T is sister-in-law of Q' in the expression?
R % T × P ? Q + V
5) Either $ or ×
Directions 2Seven friends, T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z are sitting in a straight line facing north. W sits fifth to the right of T. W does not sit at any of extreme ends. Two people sit between Z and X. Y sits third to the left of U. Y sits exactly in the middle. Z is not an immediate neighbour of Y.
1. What is Z's position with respect to W?
1) Second to the left
2) Third to the right
3) Fourth to the left
4) Third to the left
5) Fourth to the right
2. Who is second to the right of T?
5) None of these
3. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their seating positions in the above line and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
4. If all the seven friends are made to sit alphabetically from right to left, positions in the above line and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
Directions 3Study the following information and answer the questions given below:
Eight people E, F, G, H, J, K, L and M are sitting around a circular table facing the centre. Each of them is of a different profession‚ Chartered Accountant, Columnist, Doctor, Engineer, Financial Analyst, Lawyer, Professor and Scientist but not necessarily in the same order. F is sitting second to the left of K. The Scientist is an immediate neighbour of K. There are only three people between the Scientist and E. Only one person sits between the Engineer and E. The Columnist is on the immediate right of the Engineer. M is second to the right of K. H is the Scientist. G and J are immediate neighbours of each other. Neither G nor J is an Engineer. The Financial Analyst is on the immediate left of F. The Lawyer is second to the right of the Columnist. The Professor is an immediate neighbour of the Engineer. G is second to the right of the Chartered Accountant.
1. Who is sitting second to the right of E?
1) The Lawyer
3) The Engineer
2. Who among the following is the professor?
3. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given arrangement and
hence form a group. Which of the following does not belong to that group?
1) Chartered Accountant − H
2) M − Doctor
3) J − Engineer
4) Financial Analyst − L
5) Lawyer − K
4. What is the position of L with respect to the scientist?
1) Third to the left
2) Second to the right
3) Second to the left
4) Third to the right
5) Immediate right
5. Which of the following statements is true according to the given arrangement?
1) the Lawyer is second to the left of the Doctor.
2) E is an immediate neighbour of the Financial Analyst
3) H sits exactly between F and the Financial Analyst.
4) Only four people sit between the Columnist and F.
5) All of the given statements are true.