1. The date 6 April, 1930 is known in Indian History for
a. Dandi March by Mahatma Gandhi
b. First Round Table Conference
c. Gandhi-Irin Pact
d. Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
2. Who had founded the Independent League?
a. Moti Lal Nehru
b. Mahatma Gandi
c. Ras Behari Bose
d. Lala Lajapat Rai
3. Whi is the author of the autobiography "The Indian Struggle"?
a. Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
b. Jawahar Lal Nehru
c. Lala Lajapat Rai
d. Subhash Chandra Bose
4. Which one among the following is regarded as the Magna Carta of Indian Education?
a. Wood's Despatch
b. Hunter Commission
c. Sadler Commission
d. Wardha Scheme
5. Where was the first iron and steel industry of India established?
6. The introduction of local self-government in the modern period of India is associated with the administration of
a. Lord Ripon
b. Lord Irwin
c. Lord Dufferin
d. Lord Canning
7. Who was the frist portuguese Viceroy in India?
b. Vascoda Gama
c. Franciso de Almeida
8. Who among the following sultans built the fifth storeys of Qutub Minar?
a. Qutubuddin Aibak
c. Firoz Shah Tughlaq
d. Sikandar Lodi
9. The largest planet in our solar system is
10. Which one of the following planets has largest number of natural satellites or moons?
11. Which is second most abundant metal in the earth's crust?
12. Which one of the following rivers does not represent antecedent drainage?
13. The deepest ocean in the world is
a. the Indian Ocean
b. the Atlantic Ocean
c. the Pacific Ocean
d. None of the above
14. The busiest and the most important route of the world is
a. North Pacific Sea Route
b. North Atlantic Sea Route
c. South Atlantic Sea Route
d. Indian Ocean Route
15. Which of the following is the longest river in the world?
16. The concept of carbon credit originated from which one of the following?
a. Earth Summit, Rio de Janeiro
b. Kyoto Protocol
c. Montreal Protocol
d. G-8 Simmit, Hciligendamm
17. The transistion zone between two Econsystems is called
18. Where was the first Municipal corporation in India set up?
19. When was the panchayati Raj system introduced in India?
20. The first finance commission was constituted in
21. 13th Finance commission has been constituted under the chairmanship of
a. Y.S.P Thorat
b. Montek Singh Ahluwaliya
c. C Rangarajan
d. Vijay L Kelkar
22. Which one of the following is the subject of concurrent list?
b. Criminal matters
c. Radio and Television
d. Foreign affairs
23. The distribution of finances between entre and states is done on the recommendation of
a. Finance Ministry
b. Finance Commission
24. In India as pre census 2011,sex ratio among children is declined from 927(2001) to
25. In India, planned economy is based on
a. Gandhian system
b. Socialist system
c. Capitalist system
d. Mixed Economy system
26. GDP at factor cost is
a. GDP minus indirect taxes plus subsidies
b. GNP minus depreciation allowances
c. NNP plus depreciation allowances
d. GDP munus subsidies plus indirect taxes
27. Per Capita Income is obtained by dividing National Income by
a. total population of the country
b. total working population
c. area of the country
d. volume of the capital used
28. Structural unemploument arises due to
a. deflationalry condition
b. heavy industry bias
c. shortage of raw material
d. inadequate productive capacity
29. When was the Jawahar Rojgar Yojana launched?
30. Who among the following is the world's first woman cosmonant?
a. Bachendri pal
b. Junko Tabei
c. Valentina Tareshkova
d. Sally Ride
31. Chandigarh was designed by
a. Le corbousier
b. Edward Lutyons
c. Christopher wren
32. Tom cruise is well known as a
a. Film Actor
c. Mnagement exper
d. Fashion designer
33. Who is called the Flying Sikh of India?
a. Mohinder Singh
b. Ajit Pal Singh
c. Joginder Singh
d. Milkha Singh
34. The Arjuna Award were instituted in the year?
35. The Parliament of Japan is known as
36. India first took part in the olympic Game in the year?
37. The cloud float in the atmosphere because of their low?
38. The change of a solid into vapour directly is called
39. The audible frequency range of a human ear is
a. 20 Hz to 200 Hz
b. 2 Hz to 20 Hz
c. 200 Hz to 2000 Hz
d. 20 Hz to 20000 Hz
40. The wavelength of X-rays is of the order of
c. 1 micron
d. 1 angstrom
41. Who discovered wireless communication?
42. The place where the computer stores programs and data is called
d. Storage unit
43. Which one of the following fuels causes minimum environmental pollution
44. The chemical used as a 'fixer' in photography is
a. Sodium sulphate
b. Sodium thiosulphate
c. Ammonium persulphate
45. Dog bite can cause rabies. Which among the following other animals can also cause rabies?
46. The disease Athelet Food is caused by
47. Which of the following is a good source of vitamin E?
c. Yellow Yolk
d. Fresh Vegetable
48. Bile is stored in
a. Gall bladder
49. Which one of the following presidents of India served for two terms?
a. S Radhakrishnan
b. Rajendra Prasad
c. Zakir Hussain
d. V V Giri
50. The first woman to become a Chief Minister of any State in India was
a. Nandini Satpathy
b. Dr. J Jayalalitha
c. Sucheta Kriplani
51. How long does a train 75 m long moving at 60 km/h take to pass another train 100 m long, moving at 65 km/h in the opposite direction?
a. 5.54 s
b. 6.04 s
c. 6.36 s
d. 5.04 s
52. If Ram got 30% marks and failed by 15 marks and Mohan got 40% and scored 35 more than the pass marks. What is percentage necessary for passing?
53. A metal sphere of radius 5cm is melted to make a cone with base of the same radius. What is the height of the cone?