Hey everybody, today's post will be all about curly Hair and the products I use to tame it. It's hard to find products for curly hair that actually work, without damaging it. So here's a list of my current curly hair products;
1. Garnier Ultimate blends with coconut oil~ I use this after straightening my hair, to repair any damage and to make my hair feel nice and sleek. I purchased this a few months ago from Superdrug on a special offer of £6. It has lasted me so long because I only use it if I've straightened my hair or if my hair is a bit dry after a twist-out. It's great for preventing frizz, especially in humid climates. You can use it as a heat protectant as well, but I prefer to use it after heat; to smooth out frizzy sections.
2. Argan oil heat defence spray~ I use this whenever I apply heat to my hair, and it prevents heat damage while making my hair smell nice instead of that awful burnt smell from the straighteners (we all know that smell!) I got this for a bargain in Poundland and it was completely worth it!
3. Garnier fructis style matte gum~ I actually don't need to use this much, but when I do it's helpful when smoothing down flyaways, and a little bit goes a long way. I had heard mixed reviews about this but decided to take the plunge and make the purchase when I saw it in Home bargains for only £1, it can make hair really sticky if a lot is applied to small areas. But otherwise, it is perfect for tidying hair, especially updos.
4. Garnier ultimate blends conditioner~ I don't use this frequently, only a few times a month when my hair really needs some nourishment. I bought this from Asda for about £3 and it is really good for really dry/damaged hair. However, I don't use it frequently because it can end up making my hair feel greasy.
5. Biotin maximum strength~ I'm not sure if this really counts as a hair product but anyway; I've been taking one tablet every day for a few months now and if I'm honest, I haven't really seen a major difference. Hopefully, the tablets are working without me noticing and by the end of the year, I should have long,
shiny head of hair! I got a years supply of this from Amazon for about £13, but I'm not sure if you can still purchase it.
6. Aussie shampoo~ I use this occasionally, if I feel like my hair is really dry and damaged. It helps to moisturize my curls and it frees my scalp from product build-up. You can purchase this anywhere, I just bought a travel size bottle from Asda, to give it a try before I got a bigger bottle. Surprisingly, it has lasted me while because I only use it when my hair is in desperate need of some moisture.