You see a lot of students going for rectification form after their results have been pasted. Believe me, many students are brilliant and still have carryovers. I have seen First Class students having carryover, so you see it might not really rely on how much you read or study. Below are helpful tips to know to avoid carryover:
1. Determination: this very important, students need to determine the grade they want to have in their exam, although this don’t always work but I believe it always spur students to dedication and discipline.
2. Attend Lectures: you need to attend lectures to prevent failure, some schools give minimum number of class appearance before you are allow to right exam. Imagine a student that is denied the opportunity of writing exam, such is automatic carryover. Another thing is that class attendance due carry marks, so don’t miss some free marks by staying away from class.
3. Connect yourself with brilliant friends: birds of same feather flock together, when you work with serious students you will develop yourself, gain and learn new things.
4. Always ask for help: there is nothing to shy about, no one is highland of knowledge, when you don’t know a work or you don’t understand, kindly take it to students that will help you, you really need to understand.
5. Involve yourself in practical works: practical works carry huge amount of marks in your exam. It is believed that a student that misses his/her practical has lost 40% of the total mark.
6. Fill your Manuals well: this is also very important, manual is a book that contains different assignments on various topics learned in class. It is often used to determine whether students understand the semester course or not. Take time to fill the manual, fill it well, draw the possible diagram and solve the necessary calculations.
7. Verify your test scores[/b]: whenever tests score are released, create time to verify whether your score is correct or not. You know your ability, you can easily gauge the work you did and the result to see if there is correlation. If you see missing score, report to the department for correction.
8. [b] Prepare well for Exam: you can’t sow beans and expect rice, it’s impossible. Create time to read, abstain from things that can distract you. It takes disciple and courage, exam is only for a while there is time for rest so endure the time of reading.
9. Be courageous: you don’t need to be scared, no matter how difficult the exam, believe in yourself. Courage takes 50% in an examination, if you don’t know it but have confidence, it will stimulate your brain in fast and quick thinking which will help you solve the exam.
10. Always write your name and matric number: it’s unfortunate that some brilliant students after investing their time to write good answers forget to write name and matric number, this often lead to failure.
11. Don’t involve yourself in malpractice: you can do it, you are born to rule, stop malpractice, it will cause failure if caught. I see students get a penalized with minus marks in some difficult exams. One now wonder the mark left to pass.
12. Finish your time: [/b]it’s your time, finish before you submit. Even when you face difficult questions take time to think before submitting. Some students will submit exam of 2hrs 30mins in 15mins, you can imagine what they wrote.
13. [b]Submit your exam: this is very important, some students mistakenly take their answer paper outside the examination hall before realizing they’ve not submitted.
14. Check notice board for callback: always check notice board to see if you have callback for the exam you’ve written.
15. Commit you exam to God’s hand: you need God’s help, no matter what you have written.