Well, we all know how important it is to regularly exfoliate the Skin to keep it healthy. While we often tend to use physical exfoliants for this process, there are also some chemical exfoliants available that do the job just right. It’s been a long tie since I wanted to try the chemical exfoliants on my skin. Alhough I was a bit skeptical and worried about using chemical peels, I finally did decide to get one for myself after a lot of research about how it works, its benefits, etc.
So let’s get started with all the details about my very first experience of using chemical peel. The product I bought is Dr. Sheth’s Basic Brightening Extra Gentle Daily Peel.
What the brand claims:
Basic Brightening Extra Gentle Daily Peel is a lotion peel that works to deliver alpha hydroxy acids (fruit acids) in a controlled and slow manner to evenly exfoliate the skin. Formulated especially for brown skin, it has Calendula to calm the skin along with Wheat and Oat sugars to hydrate it. Its benefits include –
- Calms and repairs skin
- Inhibits melanin synthesis
- Hydrates and repairs skin
- Suitable for Normal skin, Oily/Combination skin, Mature skin
- Paraben, sulfate and cruelty free.
This peel is priced at INR 850 for 50 ml.
My take and some info about these kind of peels:
- Good packaging. Travel friendly too.
- Tried it for over 3 months now since these type of products take time to work (even if they work, you don’t tend to notice the results immediately)
- Always do a patch test before directly starting to use the product (very important)
- Do not use it every day from day one. Our skin is not used to these type of products and hence you need to gradually make it habituated to its usage. At the beginning, use it every 3rd day for 3 weeks, then every 2nd day for 2 weeks and then every day. That’s how you allow your skin to get used to the product and its reaction.
- Suitable for all skin types (even sensitive skin)
- The combination of glycolic acid and lactic acid is great as this combination helps in fading any excess pigment, dark spots, scars, etc
- You will feel a bit of a tingling sensation when you apply it and that is normal
- Usage of these kind of chemical peels tend to make the skin more sensitive to sun exposure and hence, it is extremely important to use sunscreen every day, reapplying every 3-4 hours to avoid any reaction and keep the skin healthy
- Skin does feel renewed and plump after regular usage
- Did not have any bad reaction in spite of my skin being very sensitive
- No sudden breakouts, etc
- Overall skin does feel different and better
- Not sure about the brightening part, couldn’t really notice any change in this aspect
- Decently priced
- Good option to add to your daily skincare routine but you cannot be careless about other aspects of skincare like using a sunscreen, etc
- Recommend it for sure if you want to maintain a healthy, glowy skin always