About 5-6 years back, the Nokia was the most trusted brand and there were many cult members who followed the brand. Though the brand was good enough and its operating system not that user-friendly, there were many takers due to the trust factor. After a while the Android operating system was introduced with many easy-to-use features. As a result, the mobile brands using earlier operating systems began moving towards the Android operating system. As a result of their migration towards the Android-based phones, the production costs came down, way below that for making Nokia phones. As a result, the companies like Samsung, Karbonn, Micromax and Spice could pass on the benefit to the customers by offering their Smartphones at lesser price. Thus, the Nokia brand began to lose its space to other competitors in the market. Despite the loss of space, Nokia tried to linger with its customized operating system in its mobiles, which did not go down well with the trusted users who slowly moved away from it. Now, it seems the Nokia has learned its lessons from its past mistakes. It has decided to come out with the Android mobile in 2017. The details of this Android phone are now in the public domain. Its name is Nokia EDGE 2017. In this blog post, we will be looking at the new Android phone to know its features.
According to the information shared by the Nokia executive, the Android phone from the brand is likely to hit the shelves all across the globe in the month of February. He chose to name the Nokia Android mobile as Nokia EDGE 2017. He further added that the new phone will have some great features and specifications which enable it to successfully compete with its strong contenders in the mobile industry. Let us see what all things the executive from the brand has revealed to the media persons.
- Display: It will come with a 5.5-inch and high resolution display. The onscreen resolution for the image may go up to 2K. It will also have an edge display as shown in the Samsung S7 edge Smartphone. It will show all the notifications that come in the phone. It will also have a pixel density of 441ppi. The company has failed to mention about the display protection.
- Camera: The new Nokia phone is likely to sport a 23 megapixel Carl Zeiss lens fitted back camera. This feature will offer image resolutions that are comparable to those provided by `DSLR cameras. The front camera of the mobile will have an 8 megapixel resolution. Other features of the back camera include Autofocus, Touch Focus, Geo-Tagging, Digital Zoom, Panorama and Face Detection. It will also have a flash facility.
- Storage: The device will have internal storage memory of 32GB, which is expandable up to 64GB using micro-SD cards.
- Battery: The power backup of the new Nokia phone will come from a lithium-ion battery. It will have the power capacity of 3600mAh.
- Chipset: The new Android phone will gets power from Octa-Core Processor, 3GB RAM and Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.
- Connectivity:Mobile set is most likely to give connectivity through Wi-Fi 802.11 a/g/n, GPS, Radio, EDGE, GPRS, 4G LTE, 2G and 3G options. The Bluetooth connectivity option will also be featured in the set.
- Other Features: The mobile will have the latest technology features like Fingerprint Scanner, Proximity, Compass and Gyro sensors, and Accelerometer. It is also likely to feature reversible C-Type 1.0 USB connector. See the following picture shared by Tekz24.com to get fairer picture.