When Children complete examinations and get leaves or holidays, the first thing they ask is for a plan to for a trip. Then, parents have to chart out the costs, distance and the climate to zero in on the ideal destination for the family. Bearing the budget in the mind, they look for the local destinations that keep their wards happy and contented. The parents in the capital city of the God’s Own Country don’t have to get disheartened as there are several destinations they can think of within their family budget. In this blog post, we will list out five places exclusively meant for children in Thiruvananthapuram city.
Sought-after Places for Children
Children love to go out when the holidays start. It does not matter which part of the year these holidays belong to. If you are in Thiruvananthapuram, then you can visit the following places to keep your children entertained and well-informed. These places not only entertain your wards but also teach lessons to them. Hence, it would not go as a futile exercise. So, take your children to these places and earn appreciations as good parents.
1. Magic Planet: The items in the park enthral both the young and old alike. Normally, visitors will take more than a day fun tricks and tracks that Magic Planet has to offer. More importantly, the children would see the performers exhibiting street magic, mirror maze, the rope tricks, coin tricks, card games and other mind games. A virtual guide “Harry” the mascot will take you to a museum dedicated to magic by the name ”History of Mystery” and explain the exhibits for you. The Kazhakuttom-situated Park is open from 10:00 AM to 3:00PM. Monday is a holiday for the park.
2. Zoological Park: A trip to zoo and museum is an experience in itself. Situated in the heart of the city, the zoo has an overall area of 96 acres. It is home to the white tiger, Malar, the lions, the leopards, etc. Tour generally starts off with the enclosure for monkeys. Then, the tour would take you to the aviary, the rhinos, the hippopotamus, the zebras, the deer and then to the tigers, the leopards and the lions. After this section, people can take little break and then go towards the flightless birds walking majestically in the enclosures. Other major attractions of the zoo are anaconda and peacock pen. Last is the reptile section, wherein visitors can see different types of snakes. If you have enough time, you can visit the museum to see the display of artefacts from the bygone era. The zoo is open from 10:00 AM to 5:15 PM every day. It is usually closed on Tuesdays.
3. Planetarium: If your wards love science and like cosmos, then you can take them to Priyadarshini planetarium. It is situated at PMG junction, just behind the Post Master General’s Office. In the same premises, you can also see Kerala State Science and Technology Museum. In this museum, you can see the exhibits and equipment that explain the theorems that you might have learned in the class. The main attraction of the museum is the presence of models of dinosaur from Triassic and Jurassic era. On payment of a nominal fee, you can see the skies through a telescope and try to find different star formations. The museum is open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
4. Kovalam Surf Club: If you and your children want to surf the waves, the Kovalam Surf Club is the ideal place for you. It provides training for the people to ride safely the waves. The trainers at the club boast of training the kids who are as young as 5 years. The adventure-seeking youngsters need to stay extra guarded while going for surfing in the sea.
5. Elephant Rehabilitation Center: This is about an hour of drive away from the Thiruvananthapuram city. It is part of the famous Agasthyavanam Biological Park. If you are lucky enough, you can catch the glimpse of wildlife along the road. Located at a place Kottur, this rehabilitation centre has elephants of all ages. The main star performers at the centre are the younger ones that entertain the visitors with their naughty actions. There are provisions for the elephant safari in this rehabilitation center.