My Mom would make the best Fried Cornbread to go with pinto beans, beef stew, or just as an added treat to a meal. My favorite part was tasting a piece of the cornbread as it came out of the skillet. YUM!
(Recipe Courtesy of Food.com)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2⁄3cup all purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4cup milk
- 1⁄4cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, mix milk, butter, and egg.
- Add milk mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased griddle or skillet; flatten batter slightly.
- Cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- If batter becomes too thick add a small amount of milk.
This post first appeared on Welcome! Sit Back, Relax, And Take Some Time For Yourself. - Dawn's Corner, please read the originial post: here