The rising Indian economy has been a driving factor influencing the demand for construction equipment in the country. The sales of both new and used construction equipment saw rising last year. On the back of increasing infrastructure projects in sectors like roads and highways, railways, dams have boosted the demand for earth moving equipment in the country, mainly the Backhoe Loaders because of its versatility.
In the heavy equipment segment, Backhoe Loader is considered one of the crucial construction equipment due to its multi-tasking application. Backhoe Loader is used for demolition, paving roads, breaking asphalt, digging holes, setting up drainage system, laying pipes, moving heavy materials, and used for varieties of construction projects from building housing complexes to road building, name any construction projects where there is no use of this versatile Machine.
Many people associated with construction industry must be planning to purchase new as well as used Backhoe Loaders as many infra projects are already floating or expected to hit the ground in coming months. It is seen, people barely hesitate to buy the new machine, but they are extra conscious when going to buy a used machine.
Here we will see the points which we should keep in our mind when going to buy second-hand/used Backhoe Loader.
- When you go to buy used Backhoe Loaders, the first and foremost thing you should do is, go along with your operator/mechanic who will physically check the machine, because his feedback is very crucial for you in purchasing the machine. You can also try checking the machine by driving the Backhoe Loader if you have experience in operating this earth moving machine.
- If you are going to buy the used Backhoe Loaders, you should be aware of the dimensions and operating weight of the machine. The horsepower of the machine, dig depth and bucket capacity of the Backhoe Loaders are responsible for performing the task at the site, so you must get these details by keeping your project in your mind.
- One must check to all leading edges of Backhoe Loader, minutely check at bucket teeth, and ensure no part is missing.
- The hydraulic system of the Backhoe Loader is accountable for competent operation, so properly check each system component. Also, make sure there is no damage or scratch on hoses or arms and couplings are in proper condition.
- Ensure no leakage, damage, scratches in cylinders.
- Look underneath of the Backhoe Loaders, check driveshaft and other parts of the machine to check any damage caused during the operation.
- Try to understand, why the owner of the asset is selling his Backhoe Loader, If he is selling it due to the technical error, you should be conscious and avoid that machine. Because if the machine is not for his use, then how come it will be useful to you.
- Also look at the driveshaft to ensure there is no damaged caused by any rough terrain or rocks.
- Get inside the machine and drive it for some distance to check smooth running, functionality and ensure no unusual noise coming from the machine.
- Check all the attachments of the used Backhoe Loader.
- Check the Backhoe Loader stick and boom for any cracks, also check the hoe bucket and missing bolts or teeth. One must ensure dig depth of the machine is enough which you require for your work.
- Backhoe Loader is fitted with the diverse attachment such as Digging Buckets, Front Forks, Grapples, Concrete saws, tampers, cold planers, Breakers, and more, these attachments help you to perform a better and different task, so check all attachments which you need to fit in the machine.
- When you go inside the machine, also check the overall condition of the seat, joystick and foot pedals.
- The visual and functional inspection is done to check bends, cracks, and welds of the Boom, Stick, and Bucket of the Backhoe Loader.
- Brand always makes a difference even when the machine gets old, machine made by the well-known company like JCB, Tata Hitachi, Komatsu, and others should be given preference when buying any used Backhoe Loader (like used JCB 3dx). You should also check the ‘Make year’ of the machine, which would tell you, how old the machine is.
- It is also advisable to check the service record or work orders of the Backhoe Loader.
Keeping these points while inspecting the used Backhoe Loaders will help you buying the more productive machine and give you a better return on your investment.