We usually invest a huge amount buying new or used heavy Construction equipment for our projects and after investing so much money in these heavy machines, we expect better productivity from it. Though assurance of the productivity does not only come by purchasing the equipment, it requires a close watch on the Machine and regular maintenance for maximum productivity at the site.
As huge investment pouring into infrastructure sectors in India and as monsoon got over, many projects will kick-off on the ground. Therefore, it is important for all the small and big construction companies, to take some precautions during the construction period for better and faster productivity at the construction sites, which could ensure the timely execution of the projects, which is the major concern.
Here are some points which we need to keep in our mind for maximum productivity at the site
- Whether you are using new or used construction machine, always read and follow the company’s instructions and maintenance tips, which would help you to make most of the machine and ensure better utilization of the particular machine.
- Only let your trained operator handle your machine and ensure the operator is having a license to operate those machines, inexperienced operators cost you huge and further delay your work.
- As per the guidelines of the manufacturers, ensure you follow the periodic maintenance; it ensures proper functioning of the machine and ensures maximum use of the machine for the longer period. A Machine which is in a Good condition often gives you the better return on resale.
- Always use fuel, which is instructed by the manufacturers, avoid adulterated fuel, which will reduce the life of the machine and might affect work.
- Before starting the day, ask your operator to check the machine to avoid any technical problem when work actually gets started, or else you have to stop your work half way.
- Also, check machine at the end of the working day to find out possible damage so that you will have enough time in your hand to either repair the machine or make arrangement for another machine for the next day, it will avoid delaying your work.
- Make sure, you replace original parts in your construction equipment.
- Follow the safety procedures when transporting the machine to one site to another.
- For workers productivity and safety, ensure all the workers at the job site is wearing Personal Protective Equipment, the minimizing accident, increase the productivity at the construction sites.
- Ensure you follow all the safety guidelines prescribed by the government.
We should always keep above-mentioned points in our mind to maintain the construction machinery productivity for a long period.