You might be a seasoned writer, or it might be like that you have lately discovered your hidden knack for Writing. And it might be so that you prefer writing in English because you are comfortable with the language and believe that it will help you gather a greater traffic (or readers, whatever you prefer to call).
To avoid such potential catastrophes, one can and must rely on a tool that can not only check for grammatical mistakes but also provide alternate correctives. One of such best grammar checking software is Grammarly.
The only problem is that- English is NOT your mother language. You can speak and/or write it well; but you don’t dream in it, after all. Most of the user’s are still searching in online to improve their writing skills with these below list of keywords.
- best online grammar checker
- free online grammar checker
- online English grammar checker
- free online grammar and punctuation checker
- free online grammar checker tool
- free online spell checker and grammar
So, while writing, are you sure that you have:
- Put in the right prepositions?
- Made no mistakes regarding punctuation’s?
- Not overused passive voice in your writing?
- Did full justice to the application of ‘confusing’ words like this/these, before/ago, reached in/reached on….
When you are seriously into writing, grammatical slip ups can be your greatest threat to writing enhancements- I know what difference it can make to your writing performance because once it happened to me!
When I took to professional blogging, how I felt to have an additional set of eyes on my works! While affording a proofreader was virtually unaffordable to me those days; I searched a little and got my aid in the form of Grammarly- the grammar checker that can be had just by investing $29 a month!
… And yes! Grammarly has its free version to offer, as well. I particularly loved it because it can correct more than 250 types of grammatical mistakes that most commonly escape those manual eyes of ours. I would love to share my Grammarly Review with you, which is thoroughly based on my personal experience. But before that; let me explain you how to use it, so that you know how to get excellence to your fingertips.
Let’s see a step-by-step guide on using this essential tool to rule out the possibilities of all silly mistakes that you and I can stumble upon anytime.
Grammarly Subscription Pricing Plan:
Click the button below to take the action to avail 20% discount on Grammarly Premium Subscription. Just click the button below to activate the discount offer and avail the 20% off on the actual price.
$37.95$29.95 / Month
$24.98$19.98 / Month
$14.58$11.66 / Month
On Using Grammarly
You have just learnt that you can avail anything from the free and paid versions of this tool. If you are not too sure about whether this will work for you, then you can go safe with the free version. To learn what you can get from Grammarly free, sign up for a free plan and download the extension for browsing ( they are available in Mozilla, Chrome and Safari) .
Having a service that offers browser extension is cool; because it helps you to find and correct the mistakes seen in any website.
You can start using the service while updating your Tweet, FB status, or just anything that relates to some sort of content. The extension in Grammarly will scan your writing to find and show the errors, if any, that needs to be rectified.
Will you not want to see how it works?
#1: Use The Extension; Download For Free
As you already know that the free version of the application is available for Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
To run it and check how it works, try writing a few words in your WordPress post editor space. Grammarly, once installed will start scanning the words and display the number of errors that it finds of the bottom-right side of the editor. Hover over the number to see a slide-in, which will explain what it wrong with the writing and suggest changes. Click on the ‘correct’ button that appears therewith, and see a pop-up to open in your browser. Your entire writing will be seen on the left side; errors visibly underlined and with the rectified answer on the right side.
While using it, you will sense that this application is more than a mere spell check tool since it finely determines the grammatical intricacies in written English, thus making your pieces more impeccable than ever. It’s not a spell-checker (I repeat), but a complete sentence-checker!
#2: Using the Web Avatar of Grammarly
Using extensions can be a real saver on time and money. But there can be a time when you might not be able to use it. As for example, it might not work if you primarily use Word file, or if you need to write a lot of essays / contents.
In that case, use the web interface for this sentence-check tool to proof-read your writing- and doing that is pretty easy.
Create your Grammarly account; using a free version is fine.
Log-in to your dashboard. Doing so, you are directed to a page where, on the left side, you get the options to:
- Manage your profile
- Log out
- Download add in
- Get support
While on the right side, you get two buttons. They are:
- Upload: which helps to upload your documents
- New: which allows you to copy and paste your writing
- Now once you upload your writing, it will be scanned in real time. Mistakes found, if any, will be underlined with green at the left side of the page; while at the right; errors will be highlighted in red and the change will be suggested in green.
- Next, click of the rectifications on the right-side to replace the errors and you are done!
#3: Use It As Add-In for Products of Microsoft
You can even use it to download Microsoft Add-in for Outlook, as well as words. However, it will work if you have bought a premium version of this application. So you cannot use with while trying the free version.
Using it is hassle-free, as well. To make it:
- You need to download the set-up file of the Add-in on your computer. You can then install it just in the way you install any type of software. Alternatively, you can try the following steps:
- Double-click on the set-up (.exe) file.
- Select Microsoft, as well as Outlook and then click on the install button.
- Now, after you have successfully installed the Ad-in, you can activate the add-in. You can do it by logging in, using your e-mail and password, which act as your Grammarly credentials.
- Now, open the Outlook or Microsoft Word. You will see the Grammarly option on the menu bar.
- Enable the Grammarly feature to your Outlook/Word document and get started.
Of course, nothing is perfect ion this mortal words and even Grammarly has its own share of imperfections (such as, you might find it tad costly in the initial days). But using it is worth every penny spent. Try!
The post Grammarly Review: Best Grammar Checking Software appeared first on Wipsen.org.
This post first appeared on Wipsen Is Focused On Redefining Information Sharing, please read the originial post: here