With the current ‘teatox’ trend (combined with my love for tea!), I’ve been continuing to try out brand after brand of these popular ‘tea detoxes’. In the past, I’ve tried several teatoxes, including the Baetea Teatox (my favorite), the Skinny Bee Tea’s 14-day detox (my 2nd favorite), and the Slenderteatox (my definitely not-so-favorite). I’m always on the lookout for new ones to try, so when Stay Lean Tea offered to send me their 14 Day Detox Program, I was excited to try it out. So keep reading to learn about its benefits and ingredients, followed by my Stay Lean Tea review!
What is the Stay Lean Tea 14 Day Detox?
Stay Lean Tea is an Australian company that creates teas that burn fat and detoxify the body. The ingredients used in the teas are 100% natural and they don’t add any laxatives which is now the number one thing I look for in a teatox (especially after my experience with the Slenderteatox). Here are some of the benefits of the tea, according to Stay Lean Tea’s website:
- Give the metabolism a huge boost
- Burn fat & excess calories while at rest
- Suppress appetite over a sustained period of time
- Remove toxins from the digestive tract
- Enhance nutrient absorption
- Reduce bloating and water retention
- Increase energy levels and boost the immune system
The Stay Lean Tea Detox comes in a 14 day and 28 day program and consists of 2 different teas – one for the morning, and one for the afternoon/evening. They’re called the ‘Lean Burner’ and ‘Lean Cleanse’ blends.
Stay Lean Tea 14 Day Detox Ingredients
The Stay Lean Tea appears quite healthy (and tasty) based on the ingredient list, especially due to the lack of laxatives (like Senna leaf). Here’s a rundown of everything it contains:
Lean Burner Blend:
- Longjing green leaf – Contains a high concentration of polyphenols, chemicals that act as powerful antioxidants (1)
- Pu’erh Tea Leaf – Contains caffeine. Contains antioxidants and other substances that might help protect the heart and blood vessels (2)
- Dandelion Leaf – Supports liver health, nourishes bones and joints, stimulates urinary function to promote cleansing, encourages fat metabolization, and promotes normal blood sugar levels and helps purify the blood. (3)
- Lotus leaf – Increases blood flow and lowers blood pressure for a healthier heart, reduces anxiety and stress, promotes healthy liver functions, treats diarrhea, helps weight loss by increasing metabolism, and has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Lemon Grass – Contains antioxidants, flavonoids and phenolic compounds which help in providing a range of medicinal aids. The main component is lemonal or citral, which has anti-fungal and antimicrobial qualities. (4)
- Oolong leaf – Contains caffeine which sharpens thinking skills and improve mental alertness. It is also used to prevent cancer, tooth decay, osteoporosis, and heart disease. (5)
- Goji Berry – Some studies using goji berry juice found possible benefits that included a feeling of well being and calmness, better athletic performance and quality of sleep, and weight loss. (6)
Lean Cleanse Blend:
- Longjing green leaf (also in the ‘Burner Blend’, see above for benefits)
- Chamomile – Has been used for centuries in teas as a mild, relaxing sleep aid, treatment for fevers, colds, stomach ailments, and as an anti-inflammatory, to name only a few therapeutic uses. (7)
- Chrysanthemum –
- Contains Vitamin C which provides relief in sinusitis discomfort.
- Helps lower body temperature when suffering from fever or heat stroke.
- Helpful in treating pimples and acne.
- Good for the detoxification of the liver and for lowering cholesterol levels.
- Helps in the treatment of coronary artery disease, blocked arteries and even varicose veins.
- Stimulates all your senses very quickly and also calms down the nerves.
- Helps in providing relief in respiratory problems such as shortness of breath.
- Help ease digestion when taken with lunch or dinner especially with oily foods. (8)
- Rose flower – Has an uplifting effect on the nervous system and can relieve insomnia, depression and fatigue. It is also a laxative. It works as a remedy for all liver problems including sluggishness and constipation, and helps to fight infection in the digestive tract and re-establish the normal bacterial population of the intestines. It also relieves fluid retention and hastens the elimination of wastes through kidneys. (9)
- Lavender – Relieves stress, improves mood, promotes restful sleep, reduces inflammation, lowers skin irritation, prevents infections, eliminates dandruff, and soothes stomach bloating (11)
- Roselle – (Hibiscus sabdariffa) – An antioxidant. Aids in weight loss by preventing too much absorption of carbohydrates. It has also been used in folk medicine as a diuretic and mild laxative. (12)
- Lemon Grass – (also in the ‘Burner Blend’, see above for benefits)
At first glance, Stay Lean Tea comes across as a very pure and extremely beneficial tea. Nothing rings the warning bell for me based on the ingredients list. I did find two laxatives in the ‘Cleanse’ blend – Roselle and Rose Flower – though they are very mild ones.
My Stay Lean Tea 14 Day Teatox Review
Both teas have a very mild, herbal flavor with a slight fruity/floral edge (depending on which tea you’re drinking). If you dislike the taste, they recommend squeezing some lemon into it, or add a touch of organic honey. For me, I find it very enjoyable to drink on its own, without having to add honey or a sweetener of any sort. I particularly like the Cleanse Blend, with it’s Rose flower, Lavender, and Chamomile ingredients which can be quite soothing and calming in the afternoon or evening.
How to Take the Baetea Detox
This one works like most other teatoxes. You drink a cup on the morning everyday, and then one in the afternoon every other day.
- Lean Burner Blend: Consume 1 cup every day in the morning. Infuse 1 tea bag per cup in boiling water for 2-4 minutes.
- Lean Cleanse Blend: Consume 1 cup every second day in the afternoon. Infuse 1 tea bag per cup in boiling water for 2-4 minutes.
I especially like how both tea blends come in pre-packed tea bags which makes them extremely easy to make since you don’t need to bother with measuring out the right amount of loose tea and constantly cleaning out an infuser (the one little annoyance I have with other detox teas). It makes it way more convenient to take during the day, especially in the afternoon if you’re at work or on-the-go.
My Experience & Results
After finishing a cup of the ‘Burner’ blend in the morning, I’ll immediately start to feel focused, alert, and slightly more energized from the caffeine in the Pu’erh Tea Leaf and Oolong leaf. Despite the caffeine content, the tea doesn’t leave me feeling the nervous or shaky, thanks to the calming effects of the Lotus Leaf.
The second blend – the afternoon/evening ‘Cleanse’ blend – is a little treat in itself. It’s so relaxing and calming, and is such an enjoyable way to wind down after a long day. I particularly love its ingredients – for both their health benefits and their flavor. The Chrysanthemum, Chamomile, Roselle, Rose Flower, and Lavender create a fragrant floral blend that’s so enjoyable to drink.
In terms of physical effects, fortunately the tea is very gentle on the tummy. I’ll often ‘over-infuse’ my teas by leaving the tea infuser in the cup while I drink it, and did the same with this one, taking it way past the recommended 2-4 minutes infusing time. Even then, I still didn’t feel any negative effects (like stomach cramps, or having to run to the bathroom within 5-15 minutes). This is a huge plus for me, especially after having tried teatoxes in the past that worked off of strong laxatives that made you think you were getting a good ‘cleanse’ (which is simply not true, and in fact, very unhealthy). The Stay Lean Teatox on the other hand is incredibly gentle on your digestive system, and from my experience, only does good things for your body. And it terms of external physical effects, I can’t comment on its weight loss benefits since that’s not typically my objective with teatoxes, however I can say that my tummy looked much flatter and I also felt less bloated, even after eating meals that were full of carbs.
Overall, if you’re looking to try out a safe and gentle detox, or just want a super healthy tea to drink every now and then, I’d absolutely recommend giving Stay Lean Tea a try. You can find their 14 day detox here on their website for $39 AUD (~$28 USD, and ~$19 GBP). (Bonus: Use coupon code “botrc9” to get 10% off your purchase!)
Now it is your chance to win the Stay Lean Tea 14 Day Detox Program! This giveaway is open internationally and runs through February 19th (ends 11:59 pm EST). Winner will be randomly drawn. All entries must be made through the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The post Stay Lean Tea Review | 14 Day Teatox + Giveaway appeared first on Jessoshii.