Many people are turning to natural oils to benefit the Skin, rather than skin creams and lotions that don’t work all that well. Sweet Almond Oil is a light oil with a pleasant smell that absorbs easily into the skin.
Sweet Almond oil is pressed from natural almonds. Almonds are a healthy snack that is low in carbohydrates, but high in iron and protein. Not only can they benefit your body internally, but externally as well. Sweet almond oil contains a condensed amount of natural compounds to benefit your skin.
Sweet almond oil can be used for a variety of skin conditions, from dry to oily. It aids in healing acne and can help to decrease the appearance of scars. It’s also simple to find in most stores or online shops, and more affordable than buying an expensive skin lotion that doesn’t last too long.
What is Sweet Almond Oil?
Sweet almond oil is a carrier oil, but it can also be used as a fixed oil. This is an oil that can be used as a base for scent and aromatherapy purposes, or it can be used alone to soften your skin.
The tree that sweet almond oil comes from is the prunus dulcis, var. amygdalus tree. This tree produces white flowers.
Sweet almonds are the version of nut that you eat. Almonds are extremely healthy, as they contain no carbohydrates and are gluten-free.
Sweet almond oil is mostly composed of olein, and contains linoleic acid and glucosides. It’s full of protein, minerals, and vitamins that make is so nourishing and revitalizing to your skin.
Sweet almond oil is one of the most multi-purpose oils on the market today.
Which Almond Oil is Best for Skin? Bitter or Sweet?
There can be some confusion over which oil to use: sweet almond oil or bitter almond oil. There are differences between the two that you need to know before deciding which is best for your skin.
Sweet almond oil is best for the skin. Bitter almond oil is more of an essential oil. Essential oils must be be diluted in a carrier oil before being applied to the skin. Technically, you can dilute your bitter almond oil in sweet almond oil.
Both types of trees that produce almonds for sweet or bitter oil are deciduous, and grow to about four to ten metres in height. They are traditional to regions in west Pakistan, Syria, Israel, and Turkey.
Bitter almond oil is sourced from the bitter almond tree called prunus dulcis, var. amara, and produces pink flowers. These almonds are broader and shorter in shape. There is less oil produced from this type of almond. The extract produced from this type of almond is made from compounds, including glucose, cyanide, and benzaldehyde.
In the past, bitter almonds were used for flavourings, but that practice has been discontinued today due to their toxicity. They do still sell almond flavourings, but they have had the toxic compounds chemically removed so they become safe for human consumption.
When you’re using an oil product on your face, you want to ensure it’s sweet almond oil. Bitter almond oil isn’t found too readily in stores, but you can still buy it online. Its purposes are strictly for use as an essential oil. You do not want to apply a large amount of bitter almond oil to your skin as it can sting, much like if you directly applied clove or cinnamon essential oil to your skin.
Generally, there are few benefits for bitter almond oil other than as an almond scent or flavour. Often its used in soaps, lotions, and lip balms. If you do buy it, ensure it is food grade, which means that the cyanide and the benzaldehyde have been removed to make it safe.
What Does Almond Oil Do for Your Skin?
Sweet almond oil is a natural moisturizer that can be used for any type of skin. It’s particularly beneficial for dry, flakey, and sensitive skin. It’s a medium to light oil that is nicely absorbed into the skin, and doesn’t leave it feeling too greasy.
Sweet almond oil can be applied directly to the skin, or made into skin serums. You can use it on every region of your body, from face to feet.
How Sweet Almond Oil Can Benefit Your Skin
There are endless ways that sweet almond oil can benefit your skin. Here are just a few to help you get started with your daily routine.
- Get smooth and soft skin.
- Hypoallergenic oil that is safe to use on sensitive skin.
- It’s fully absorbed and doesn’t leave a greasy, sticky feel.
- Sweet almond oil naturally contains Vitamin E so you don’t have to add extra.
- Contains anti-oxidants to fight free-radicals that can cause damage.
- Heals up damage from the sun.
- Keeps skin soft and supple for longer.
- Can be used to decrease dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Can be used to ease a bad sunburn.
- Use the almond oil for skin whitening and to fix sun damaged patches on the skin.
- Relieve the itchiness and flakiness of eczema and psoriasis.
- Use it to relieve the discomfort of skin infections.
- Repair early signs of aging.
- Prevent and delay the signs of aging around face and neck.
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
- Clean the skin by removing impurities and environmental pollutants.
- Use in replacement to foot or hand cream.
- Use as a soothing makeup remover.
- Treat dry chapped lips.
- Treat dry peeling cuticles.
- Soften dry elbows and knees.
- Soften calluses on overworked feet.
- Soothe a dry and itchy scalp with dandruff.
- Your personal oil treatment idea here.
Is Almond Oil Good for Acne?
Almond oil is also good for acne. Since it’s light in texture it can penetrate deep into the pores of your skin. This will help to loosen dirt and debris that can clog up oil glands leading to pimples.
Almond oil also contains natural antioxidants and compounds that can kill the bacteria that live deep inside the pores of your skin, and cause acne.
Many people who suffer from acne don’t wish to use harsh chemicals on their skin. Peroxide and rubbing alcohol can dry out your skin over time, further increasing the abnormal production of oil.
Most people don’t know that even oily skin can benefit from being moisturized, especially acne-prone skin. Oily skin is out of balance because you can be using too harsh of a soap, and not adequately moisturizing your skin after washing. People can also over-wash their skin, which strips it of its natural oils. This causes the skin to over-produce oils, which can lead to clogging of pores as it mixes with bacteria, dead skin cells, and pollution.
Best Way to Use Sweet Almond Oil
The best way to use sweet almond oil is to dab some oil onto a cotton puff, then directly apply to your face. A cotton puff preserves the integrity of the almond oil in the bottle so it doesn’t become contaminated with whatever is on your fingertips.
You can also carefully pour a few drops onto your fingertips if you don’t want to waste cotton puffs. But do try and keep your fingers away from the inside of the lid.
Gently pat the oil around your face. It’s so gentle you can even apply it around ears, nostrils, and your eyes.
Simple Almond Oil for Face Recipe
If you want to experience extra benefits with your sweet almond oil for skin, you can make a special sweet almond oil for face recipe. This can be utilized for a variety of skin conditions, or simply to relax at bedtime.
Follow these steps to make your sweet almond oil for skin treatment.
Ingredients to Use for Almond Oil for Skin Recipe
Collect together the following three ingredients, then the required tools to make a nourishing sweet almond oil for skin treatment. You can use it for your face or a part of the body that needs almond oil for skin whitening. It could be your upper back or chest that is uneven due to too much sun.
- 1 tsp sweet almond oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 drops of essential lavender oil
- Small bowl
- Small spoon
Method to Make Almond Oil Face Mask
Simply measure out your three ingredients and place them into the bowl. Mix them together until they’re thoroughly blended.
You should still be able to move the spoon through the mixture. If it gets too thick, add a few more drops of almond oil. If it’s too runny, pour in a bit more coconut sugar.
How to Apply Almond Oil for Face Mask or Body
Follow these steps for the best application of sweet almond oil for skin.
- Wash your face with a mild soap then dry with a clean towel.
- Do the following steps over the sink so you don’t get sugar and oil everywhere.
- Scoop up your almond oil for face mixture in your fingers.
- Warm it up in your hands until it moves easily.
- Pat onto your face.
- Place the mixture on your forehead, chin, nose, and jawline.
- Avoid eyes, but if you do get some there, wipe it off with a towel.
- Add a few drops of hot water to help move it around.
- Gently rub the mixture around your face in circles.
- It’s normally for the sugar to dissolve.
- Gentle massage it around for about a minute.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe off the excess.
- Rinse your face with a clean cloth and warm water.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
- No need to add any moisturizer at this point, as your face will feel soft and supple after your almond oil for face treatment.
- If there is any excess left in the bowl, use it on your elbows and knees, then rinse off after a minute.
Precautions When Using Almond Oil
Using almond oil for skin is fairly safe, but there are a few precautions to note when using it.
- If you’re allergic to almonds do not use it at all.
- If you have any hives or red skin rash after application, discontinue usage.
- While it’s safe to use around your eyes, it can impair your vision if you use too much.
- There’s no need to use an excess of oil to experience the benefits.
- Use a tissue or cloth if you have accidentally applied too much oil to your face.
- Remember to never use bitter almond oil directly on your skin, particularly in excessive amounts. Essential oils can make the skin feel like they’re burning if they’re not diluted with a carrier oil.
Almonds can benefit the body both internally and externally. Sweet almond oil is pleasant to use for beauty and skincare. Not only is it simple to use in your daily routine, one bottle will last you for several weeks as long as you store it away from heat or moisture.
Many men and women have now discovered how sweet almond oil for skin works much better than your usual grocery store creams and lotions. Not only is it light and soothing, it absorbs nicely into the skin so you don’t have to reapply it more than once or twice a day.
Often many drug store or grocery store brands of cosmetics already contain sweet almond oil. But you want the purest form of the oil and not any fillers, fragrances, or synthetic colourings in the products you use on your skin.
Sweet almond oil can be an all-around remedy for skin, but works great on split ends and frizzy hair too. Most likely you’ll think up many more uses for it than this article covers.
Sweet almond oil also has a pleasant smell that most people like, unlike some of the other oils on the market, such as castor or olive oil.
If you suffer any sort of skin condition, try sweet almond oil for skin now. It should take only a few days before your itchy dry skin calms down and looks better!
The post Find Out How Sweet Almond Oil Can Benefit Your Skin appeared first on Good Health Academy.