What is touch screen or interactive kiosk?
It is a computer terminal featuring specialized hardware and software that provides access to information and application of a specific product or service. This is a modern day customer assistant that can be found mostly on public areas where people can obtain answers to their basic queries.
Below are some of notable benefits of having a Touch Screen Kiosks for retail companies
- Enhances customer service – the touch screen kiosks can perform functions like providing information, processing registration and other functions that require electronic interface. This also minimizes liability on the counter staff for the misinformation of the data encoded.
- Increase sales – this is the main target of the company in providing touch screen kiosks. It is great for making up sales promotions, discounts, bundled packages and other enticing advertisements that will encourage customers to buy and buy more!
- Delivers fast ROI – Increase sales means increase in revenues and this means a better return on investment. In a study, it shows that retail companies who deploys interactive touch screen kiosks have significant increase in revenue.
- Reduce costs – reduce costs for employee remuneration. Reducing cost is one reason why companies are switching to touch screen kiosks. They don’t take sick leave, vacation leave, maternity leave, bereavement leave or any other leave one might think of. They also don’t get stuck in traffic or take overtime pay, holiday pay and night differential.
- Improves efficiency – with the software being installed and secured, they can accept mundane tasks like providing information while the employee is doing other job or while the customer is waiting for their product or orders.
- Improves customer buying experience –being served an interactive assistant, and experiencing a better customer service by touch screen kiosks assistants, end result is improved customer buying experience. The touch screen kiosks can assist more efficiently and effectively to customer queries on basic information about the products and service the retail company offers.
- Boosts job satisfaction – with the rest of the employees being focused on their specific task, the personnel can better use their skills and talents on a more important matter.
- Help analyze consumer behavior – when a customer started using the touch screen kiosks, the computer is starting to recognize their behavior thus redirecting them to a more specific needs and offering them suggestions on products or services offered at the store. With the information also stored (if encoded), the retail establishment can also include them on their mailing list and send them product offering according to their behavior the last time they visited the store. These gives the establishments one foot forward to another closed sales.
Humans cannot be replaced by a robot when it comes to personalized service, but interactive kiosks can do the same except the presence of a human body so it’s probably the same thing. Investing on this equipment can truly help a company build a great revenue high and fast.
For your touch screen kiosks requirments, contact compustation. They have wide choices for your needs and they do customize.