When it comes to dance music festivals, nothing quite beats Tomorrowland.
The biggest and most significant EDM festival of its kind, Tomorrowland began in 2005 and has gone on to become the most popular music festival in the world. For any EDM lover, Tomorrowland is the ultimate place to be.
Held in Boom, Belgium, every year, Tomorrowland is attended by thousands of people from all across the world. If you’ve never been there but planning to visit soon, here are the top things you need to know about Tomorrowland.
1. Don’t worry if it’s your first time to the festival. Tomorrowland is quite a big deal in Belgium, and there are several help desks at the airport itself. The immigration officers are helpful and friendly, and you also have buses straight to the festival in Boom.
2. You could stay in nearby hotels in Brussels, but for the best experience, stay in the Tomorrowland camping site called Dreamville. This is the best way to get the most fun out of the festival.
3. Tomorrowland has its own currency. Whether you’re camping at Dreamville or buying drinks, you have to make transactions in tokens. The best thing is to buy lots of tokens at once because once you run out you have to stand in long queues to purchase tokens again. It is time-consuming, and you usually miss the fun while standing in queues.
4. Always carry sunscreen and sunglasses. It gets hot in Brussels in the daytime, making sunscreen and sunglasses essential. Sunglasses are necessary even at night because of the laser show on stage. You could hurt your eyes if you don’t wear sunglasses. If the weather is unpredictable, it could also rain. There are raincoats available at the venue and can be got in exchange for tokens.
5. Tomorrowland has several other stages besides the main stage. While the main stage is where the most happening action takes place, the other smaller stages are often hidden. If you are able to find them, you will have the best time of your life. There’s the Radio Ultra Modern Stage, plus a hidden stage that you really have to try hard to find. That’s what makes it more fun.
6. Tomorrowland takes pride in its art Installations. These installations are what make the place look like a different planet. Be careful to not touch or tamper with any of the installations. If you’re caught tampering with the installations, you could even be thrown out of the festival, so be very careful.
7. It is cool to show off your nationality at Tomorrowland. There are people from every country at the festival, and many of them come in different costumes, like a chicken or a banana. You could carry a flag of your country, dress up in ethnic wear, or carry a sign or symbol that shows off your nationality.
Tomorrowland is the ultimate EDM festival ever. Go prepared and have the best time of your life!